Book 3: Chapter 18

"Oi Evans!"

"Evans!"

"Evans where are you going?!" This seemed to snap Finley from her mindless walking in the halls. She was holding a bundle of books, she looked like the normal Finley. But to Draco she was far from it.

"The library," she says, playing a smile on her face, holding up the books she had. As charming as Finley looked, she was even more suspicious at the moment, because for one. The library was in the opposite way she was walking in.

"This leads the way to the Astronomy tower," Draco deadpans, narrowing his eyes at Finley who now just realised her predicament.

"Oh! Silly me," she giggled before walking to the other direction, Draco meeting her half way, taking the books from her arms holding them for her.

"I can carry those you know," Finley points out trying to take at least half of the books, but Draco evades the attempt by walking ahead.

"Hey!"

"Come on now, you said you wanted to go to the library. I have class in half an hour so time is running," Draco says as he was now further from the dumb struck Finley. Books on one hand, Draco walked back towards Finley and held her hand and smiled at her.

"Well? Don't tell me you're falling for me, I haven't even asked you to date me yet."

Finley scoffs. "You've been asking me that since you came in our train cabin," Finley says rolling her eyes, releasing his hold on her hand, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"And, you haven't given me and answer yet."

"There's not much to say yes to," Finley snidely commented, still trying to at least grab one book to carry. Hand reaching to the book on the top and continuous evasion from Draco, it shortly turned in to a game of tag.

"Well you're missing so much of this, you're running after a pansy," Draco remarks now walking moderately, giving Finley a chance to grab one book from the bundle he carried for her.

"I was running after you, isn't that just the same thing?" Finley replies taking a good look at the book's cover that she had in her arms before opening it. It was a book about Hippogriffs, from their traits and skills to how to tame them.

As much as Draco wanted to slap that book off of Finley's hands, he couldn't. He knew that the girl still doesn't think so kindly of him for suing an animal, because as she said and he quotes. 'This is a whole new level of petty, even for a ferret faced toe rag like you.'

"You know, Hippogriff's are very prideful creatures. Narcissistic you can call them, they think they're very attractive," Finley reads as she walked beside Draco who merely rolled his eyes at her. "Sounds like someone I unfortunately had the pleasure to know," She mutters.

"Oh ha ha Evans, at least I wasn't the one who dated a narcissist fellow who spoke of his exes," Draco fires.

"To be fair, you weren't there to save me again," Finley muttered under her breath looking straight a head, not realising that Draco heard her.

"Come again?"

"Nothing," Finley quickly said, her cheeks growing red walking faster and instantly stopping when she saw the library doors. She looked down on her shoes and for a moment scolding herself, she was a mess yet why does she insist with these odd feelings for the blond boy. He was terrible. Was.

Even now, with the Hippogriff's death sentence and all that, him bullying Harry and his continuous verbal use of that horrible name. She was still harbouring the odd fluttering feelings she had to Malfoy, she didn't need it, did she?