Book 4: Chapter 11

"Finn."

"Harry?" Finley looked at Harry in confusion, he seemed fidgety at the moment adding more confusion. Harry pulling her away from her Beauxbatons companions, not being able to say a small good bye to them at all in the moment. Harry brought her to an isolated hallway, a hallway which Finley was too familiar with.

"Meet me in Gryffindor tower at midnight this Saturday?" He asks her, handing her a piece of parchment addressed to her. He wouldn't dare tell her about his weirdly occurring dreams, but he did however think it was a good opportunity for Finley to talk to Sirius with him after his departure last year.

"But that's after hours Harry, I'll get in trouble," Finley says with concern in her voice then pausing, since when had she ever thought of getting in trouble before? Harry gave her a pointed look, she had gotten into trouble before and he understands how it gotten her squat out of Hogwarts last year.

"I'll be there so you better open the portrait for me," she tells him cracking a smile, as she opened the parchment Harry handed her. In it was a slightly messy handwriting, it was as if the sender was in haste while writing on it. Noticing the name on the bottom before reading the actually seeing its contents.

"Padfoot?" Her eyes sparkled in recognition, relief rushed in her mind to see a familiar name (or nickname in this case) on a parchment. "He's back?"

"I told him not to," Harry tells her, still refusing to let her know about the dreams. He already worried her by just being selected in the tournament, he can't just out right tell her that he was seeing a snake and a baby formed Voldemort, and the traitorous rat Peter Pettigrew in his dreams.

"Is that why you asked me to meet you at Gryffindor tower?"

"Yeah," Harry confirms, it was one amongst other things really.

"I'll see you," Harry says turning around but not before Finley grabbing his hand again.

"Are you truly alright Harry?" Finley asked him, concern written all over her face, she must've found out about how Ron was ignoring him and how it wasn't helping him cope with participating in the tournament.

"I'm fine—"

"You're not," Finley points out, the way his stature looked to always be on edge. "Harry, I know Ron is being a git, and he'll get over it eventually, you need to focus so you don't get yourself killed okay?"

"I will," Harry assures, somehow his shoulders lifted a little. Pulling Finley in a quick hug before running off to wherever in the castle, Finley looked down the parchment from Sirius and opened it.

Finley,

Harry's been having these dreams since the start of summer, mind keeping an eye on him for me? Don't tell him I told you, he doesn't need to be on edge as he already is given that he's a champion. Help him out, you're a smart witch like your mum, I'm sure you can give him a nudge or two to the right direction in this tournament. Take care. I love you both.

Padfoot

Finley's breath hitched with the sound of dreams, hoping to God that it wasn't like the dreams that she was receiving last year. She didn't want Harry to experience those, it would tear her apart knowing he was getting them too. Folding the parchment together and stuffing it in her jacket pocket, she looked up to where she could see Harry walking away from her and sighed. She looked down on her amulet carefully and nodded her head, it helped her get over the dreams, what's to say that it won't work on Harry either.

Walking around the school after hours was something Finley missed, she never did it in Beauxbatons, but it wasn't really forbidden. The Beauxbatons castle had a wing that acted as a common room for everyone who occupied the castle, so technically it wasn't against the rules. But it was different in Hogwarts, they had different houses and different common rooms, anyone found outside their common rooms were automatically in detention. But no one said anything about a student from another school caught in the hallways being sent to Hogwarts detention, a good theory to prove but she wasn't testing it tonight.