Book 3: Chapter 12

Finley never thought of finding herself back in the DADA classroom, this time it wasn't because she was caught— wait, she was. But this time she was alone and it was also for a cup of tea with Professor Lupin who easily turned to be one of her favourite professors. Always giving out chocolate, it was one of many things that she enjoyed with the Professor. But in this particular visit of hers, she was going to his office which was located at the back of the classroom.

Upon entering Lupin's office, instantly she was met with numerous pictures of magical animals, books, and a desk full of parchment. Maybe it was the essay Snape made them do, only she and Hermione managed to make them or maybe it was the homework about identifying red caps and hinkypunks.

"Please have a seat," Professor Lupin said as he flicked his wand to store away the books from a far table just near a book shelf. The Professor was the one to bring in the tray of tea and the biscuits, and of course some chocolate.

"Would you like some sugar?" The Professor offered to Finley who wasn't shy to have her eyes wander around his office.

"Yes please."

"Pardon for the mess, my sick leaves are getting me behind schedule," he says as he sprinkled some sugar into the cup for Finley.

"It's alright Professor, it's better than last year's anyway," she remarks taking a sip from her cup of tea.

"I heard," Lupin chuckled. His amusement came when he heard Harry talk about last years professor in Defence against dark arts, he could only imagine what the children went through during the escaped basilisk incident.

Perhaps it was the tea that Finley needed to get herself to relax, her tense and tired state was driving her insane. Professor Lupin was a delightful person to be with that she could imagine herself having tea with the Professor again as she enjoyed their talks so much. Their conversation ranged from lessons to the Professor's time in Hogwarts, and it fascinated Finley that the Professor had a rather chatty persona under all the old coats and robes that he wore.

"You really went to school with Professor Snape?" She mused as she heard the story of her head of house being the same bitter man even in school in his time. Lupin laughed, if only she knew the extent of Snape's bitter character.

"He would always stick with Lily even if my friends did prank him mercilessly," he says remembering the golden days of his youth.

"James would always call him Snivellus you know."

"Seems to be a little mean," Finley remarks softly. And for a brief moment Lupin forgot that he was talking ill of his colleague with a student that he fell silent.

"I shouldn't have said that," Lupin muttered.

"You sound like Hagrid," Finley giggled at the flustered professor. Being in his company was familiar to Finley all of a sudden, the kind of familiar that she was comfortable with the Professor enough to joke around with him.

"We should get you back in your common room, it's getting late and you have classes tomorrow," The Professor says finishing up his tea, Finley follows suit as she takes her tea cup and taking it in one gulp. Scrunching her nose at how hot it was, the Professor seeing this only chuckled.

"Professor? I didn't know you had a daughter."

"Pardon?"

Finley stood beside a shelf where a small picture frame sat, of a man and a baby in a dress. The baby laughing candidly as the man tickled her sides, on the frame captioned,

'Mooney and his little Moonlight.'

"She's not my daughter," The Professor said approaching Finley as he too found himself staring at the moving picture of him and the baby.