Book 2: Chapter 9

No one knew what happened that day to Finley Evans, she was in the hospital wing for a duration of a week as her shoulder still burned. The head of house was almost convinced to send her to St. Mungos but the girl said she was fine on the last day. Her friends visited her constantly, even a brief visit from Malfoy who felt like he was the one who caused her pain. She assured him that he didn't.

During the time that we was confined in the hospital wing, there were series of rumours about a chamber of sort, Finley never really bothered to get into it. Until today that is.

"There was blood on the walls Finney bear!" Blaise animatedly said. It was only him who visited, Theo landed himself in detention that day for hexing a Ravenclaw.

"Whoever wrote on the walls and petrified Mrs Norris must have a vendetta against Harry," Finley muttered getting her brain running.

"I heard that it was after muggle borns."

"What do you mean?" She asked now intriguing her, of course it would be the safety of her best friends that will be in jeopardy.

"Harry's the rumoured heir of Slytherin—" she busted out laughing. It was ridiculous if anyone thought that, "Harry is a Gryffindor," she giggled.

"Then I heard Weasley say that it might be Draco—"

"I for sure know it isn't Malfoy, he's a git but he's certainly all bark and no bite," she said. She motioned for Blaise to look towards the door and saw Madam Pomfrey frantically talking with McGonagall.

"A duelling club? Is he mad?" The mediwitch rambled. Glancing back towards Blaise who was just as amused, there was no duelling club in the extra curricular.

"Professor? What's this duelling club?" She asked as Blaise sat there.

Madam Pomfrey fussed over her first, checking if her shoulder still burned, it didn't burn for the past two days now. "You seem good to go back to your common room," she said.

"Professor?" The girl asked McGonagall who was still in the room who did not answer her question.

"You will soon find out on Friday Ms Evans," The Professor said as she made her way to the farthest side of the hospital wing that had it's curtains closed. Wondering who was there, Blaise tapped her left shoulder motioning their leave.

Friday came, and she hated it already. She hated that it was mandatory for Slytherins, she hated that her head of house forced her there. And she hated Lockhart for mocking her and her skill in combative magic, he stood on the platform and he was maki g subtle glares at her.

"Alright, what did you do this time?" Theo asked who was behind her.

"I did nothing of sort," she said glaring at the man back. Friday was the laziest most uneventful day of the week that she didn't wear her Slytherin uniform and resorted to wear her cargo pants and trainers with her Slytherin sweater. She lazily had her hair in a messy bun, and the head of house didn't scold her with the reason of her shoulder didn't need to feel hot in her robes.

Lockhart had stood on the Platform with Snape on the other end. "We are to demonstrate a duel, do not worry you will have you potions Professor in one piece," Lockhart had said. On the count of three, his wand was out of his grasp and he was knocked to the farthest end of the platform. Students laughed, of course Finley laughed the loudest.

"Yes! That is how you disarm your opponent, very good Professor Snape. But of course I was not ready and made him get an easy win," Finley rolled her eyes at the dunderhead.

"Yes how about a duel amongst you students? Only use disarming spells," he said.

The first pick was Chang and Evans, she reached on the platform and the Ravenclaw girl was already in stance. She heard that this Ravenclaw wasn't as clever as everyone thought, of course the Slytherin common room bustled with gossip, she had them first hand from the gossip king Blaise Zabini himself.