Book 1: Chapter 16

The topic of Flamel's stone was intriguing, it was one alchemy made stone that could grant eternal life that even muggles spend their years searching for. Even if Muggles do convince themselves that Nicholas Flamel was dead and the stone was buried with him, to everyone in the wizarding world it was clearly rubbish since to this day he was walking around partying with his lovely wife.

Despite of it being a stone, she underestimated her theory of teachers finding ways of protecting the stone, and she wasn't informed that one of them was a bloody three headed dog.

"You know, when you told me it was a dog that guarded the stone, I thought you meant a dog in the size of Hagrid's Fang." She gulped watching as the sleeping dog snored, soft music played by an enchanted harp.

"It's a sleep," Harry said as he still held his wooden flute, no idea why he brought it in the first place, of course he wouldn't bring it to play fetch now would he?

"Quick!" Hermione said as she opened the trap door. Looking down the door she gulped at how dark it was, of course dark and scary was a sign of go away. "Finley, Hermione. Ladies first," Ron gulped.

"Geez Ronald way to save damsels," Finley snapped as she took out her wand muttering Lumos. "Mind you this isn't the time for being a gentleman," she told the red head boy again.

Suddenly there was growling, the music stopped now realising the four first years stood frozen. Turning around in sync the dog was already behind them growling.

"I'm definitely a cat person," Finley remarked before the three headed dog barked, causing them to scream and jump in the trap door into the dark abyss.

No expected what was on the bottom, but it certainly wasn't a soft landing. Finley expected to break something on her body from that drop but instead it was a plant.

"I hate to say this, but," Finley began as she started sinking, Harry and Ron were panicking, Hermione was thinking fast.

"I hate old Pomona Sprout for not teaching us Devils Snare properly."

The boys mainly Ron screaming and praying, Finley still had her wand in hand and clutched on it tightly. "Shut up both of you! It will only kill you faster!" Hermione scolded.

"Stop moving!"

"Well I'm sorry if I wanted to live for longer Finley!" Ron exclaimed.

Both girls were straight faced as they let the plant wrap around them as thy dropped on the floor below it. "FINLEY! HERMIONE!"

"Shut up! We're alive!" Finley scolded. Hermione started pacing back an forth chanting the plant's name over and over again. Harry dropped down next to them, luckily Finley was able to keep him from stumbling on the floor. "HARRY!"

"He's not calming down is he?" Finley asked Harry who was worried for his best mate.

"Devil's Snare, I knew I read about it."

Hermione kept pacing as Harry and Finley tried their best in calming Ron down for the plant to not kill him.

"It likes dark and damp places—"

"Fire Hermione!" Finley exclaimed holding out her wand.

"But we don't have any wood!" Finley face palmed. How can someone so bright be so stupid at the same bloody time, she almost strangled her best friend.

"Wood?! Hermione are you even a witch or not!" Ron sounded scandalised as he scolded Hermione, taking out her wand she pointed it to the plant above.

"Lumos Salem!"

The bright light killed the snare, Harry catching Ron and Finley went temporarily blind with the flash of light that she clutched on the wall shaking her head and blinking.

"Are you alright?" She heard one of the boys ask.

"I'm fine," she said.

The next room was filled with flying things and a broom, Finley sat on the side trying to bring back her vision until it went to normal. The flying things were keys and there was a broom.

"There must be a key," Hermione had said as she inspected the key hole. Finley got the broom and handed it to Harry.

"What am I going to do with this?" Harry asked curiously.

"Start sweeping Potter, you might find the key," she sarcastically said, Harry glared at her for a brief moment until he realised what the flying things were. "They're keys," he gasps.

"No kidding."

Rolling her eyes, Hermione put a stop to her friend's sarcastic remarks and pointed towards a old silver key with a crooked wing. "That one right there," she said.

"Be careful now Harry," Finley reminded as Harry lifted off.

She never doubted Harry's seeker skills, in fact she praised it. She was never comfortable with the idea of flying in a broom, she didn't like the feeling of sitting on a stick. At least Harry's seeker training gave them good as he finally got the key. The only down side was that now there were keys flying after him.

"Finley! Catch!" Harry threw the key to Finley, catching it with her right arm, Hermione and Rom getting ready for any key that was going to attack them.

The keys fits, opening the door the three went inside, Harry still flying in the room. "Harry get in here!" Ron screamed, flying towards the next room, stumbling in the process. 

They proceeded to the next room, it was a chess board with life sized pieces, she knew who placed this. She found Harry trying to pass the room but the pawns on the other side held out their blades.

"We need to play," Ron said to Hermione who looked horrified. Sadly he was right.

"You play Finley," Ron told the girl. She shook her head, it was clear as day that Ron was better at wizard chess than she was. If she played then she would be sacrificing most of her pawn to emit a win with few pieces left. She was that type of player, letting the opponent think that they would win and go in for the kill. But in this case with the blank pieces on the board, it was clear that she can't use that strategy. In fact Ron has beaten her even with her bluff moves.

"I can't Ron, you will be the one to get us to the other room," she said patting the red head's shoulder. Agreement that he was the one to play the game, for once she wanted someone to order her if it meant to win.

"Harry be the other castle, Hermione be the bishop, I'll be the knight," Ron ordered. There was one more piece that was missing and there were only one player left. "What about me?" Finley asked.

"You'll be the King," bloody hell that would be scary. Standing on the designated places for the pieces, Ron perched on the knight's horse.

"This wouldn't be like real wizards chess, right?" Harry asked completely frightened with the idea of being brutally smashed into smithereens. Ron ordering a pawn and later finding out that it was smashed to pieces, the four gulped in horror.

"It's exactly like wizard's chess."