Book 2: Chapter 10

It was Christmas break coming and she had to say sorry to Blaise again for not being able to go with him this year.

"Tell your mum that I would visit you in the summer," she said giving Blaise a hug. Theo was beside her waiting for his gist of the warm embrace from the Slytherin girl and when he did he spun her around.

"I would hold on to that, or else we're going to abduct you from Cokeworth," Blaise threatens. She knows that he was serious and she just nodded her head.

"I'll be looking forward to that," she said as she gave her charming friend a kiss on the cheek.

"I'll send you twice the amount of presents this year," Theo winked as he got on the train but not before giving her a playful kiss on the the forehead.

"You idiot!" She playfully yelled at him.

From behind her she felt a tap on her shoulder and felt warmth on her neck and half her face. "You'll get cold young Sprite light," the familiar Hufflepuff prefect said grinning at her.

"Goodbye to you too Cedric," she laughed.

In the past months she grew closer to the Hufflepuff prefect since she always did raid the kitchens with her friends, and sometimes true to his words he would always deliver snacks to her common room whenever she requested it. As she didn't have the chance to talk to her Gryffindor friends, she would talk to him about anything.

"Take care of my scarf, I'm coming back for that! Happy Christmas!" Cedric said as he also boarded the train.

"I will! Happy Christmas!" Waving goodbye to her friends she walked back to the waiting carriages back to the school.

Still in her Slytherin sweater and Hufflepuff scarf she entered the common room shivering, she was surprised that she saw Draco sitting on the couch reading a book. She was baffled to see her cat curled next to the blond as he read, she cleared her throat to catch his attention.

"You didn't go home?" She asked. She thought that she was going home for, she even heard him say that he was excited to go home as well.

"Change of plans, father and mother had to go on a trip to Scandinavia," he said closing the book. She sat on the other side of the couch and stared oddly at him and her cat Cassian.

"What?" Malfoy asked. She shook her head.

"Nothing, it's just odd to see Cassian curled with someone else. He hates Blaise and Theo and anyone else in the common room, he seems comfortable with you," she said. Odd indeed really.

"What are you planning this Christmas?" She asked him again, if he wasn't going home at least know how he was going to spend his Christmas.

"Crabbe and Goyle are here as well, we might hex a few Hufflepuffs and raid the kitchens," he said closing the book and placing it on the side.

"You can join me and the professor on Christmas eve," she offered. She wasn't at all comfortable that three Slytherin boys were spending if alone with mischief. She rather they spend it together with the head of house than be in detention on holiday.

"Are you sure?" Malfoy asked cautiously, he didn't want to pry and shove himself into a space in her holidays.

"I'll talk with Snape, I'm sure he wouldn't mind," she said getting up from the couch. Alarmed at her sudden action he reached for her sleeve.

"You always tell him later," he said gulping. She shrugged.

"I guess I could," she sat back down. Now silent in the common room it was awkward for then since they have never been alone together at all. This was a first.