Chapter 16 - Shock

Sakura kicked off her shoes in her closet and changed into a simple and plain, black silky dress that reached her knees.

"Uuuugh...finally going to school after three weeks is so exhausting..." she sighed and jumped onto the bed, snuggling in the comfy pillows.

"That's why I should we should be homeschooled," Sasuke replied when he got out of his closet. He slipped on his black t-shirt and lay on the bed next to her.

"No way! I'm not leaving my friends," Sakura glared at him.

"It's irritating. The reason why I'm homeschooled is that I don't want to be constantly be surrounded by those nosy people. They never leave me alone...especially all those annoying girls." Sasuke frowned.

Sakura laughed. "Well, what do you expect? You're still their age and since you're so good looking, of course, they'll try to flirt with you."

Sasuke raised an eyebrow and his lips twitched into a mischievous grin.

"Oho. Did you just admit that you think I'm good-looking?"

Sakura blinked...then she realized what she had said. "I didn't mean it like that!" she immediately sat up.

"So then you mean I'm ugly?" Sasuke also sat up and pretended to look hurt.

"Stupid! I don't mean it like that either!" 

"So I'm good looking, right?" Sasuke smirked at her.

Sakura blushed. "Will you just shut up? You know what I mean, ok?"

"Well, I think you're pretty good looking, too, Sakura," Sasuke teased.

"You-," Sakura gasped when Sasuke pinned her down on the bed.

"Will you please stop doing this to me? It's so annoying!" Sakura blushed even more and tried to get up, but Sasuke only tightened his grip on her.

"If you don't like it, then, why are you blushing? Your cheeks are turning red" Sasuke chuckled.

"Because! It's just weird when you do things like this to me! I bet you would be blushing, too, if I kept getting close to you like this!" Sakura glared at him and struggled to get out of his hold.

Sasuke wouldn't let go. "Yea, right. You don't have the guts to flirt with me like this." he laughed at her pouty expression.

"You're so....so-"

"I'm so what, Sa-ku-ra?" Sasuke purred out her name and leaned in.

Sakura froze in place. She hated it when he got close to her face. It made her heartbeat like crazy.

Sasuke's smile slowly disappeared when he noticed her innocent expression. Then he realized that he leaned in a bit too close...their noses were almost touching.

He finally let go of her, but she made no move to struggle away. Sasuke narrowed his eyes at her and dared to lean in further.

'Why isn't she pushing me away?'

Sakura laid hypnotized by his eyes. She felt Sasuke loosen his grip on her, but she didn't know why she didn't want to move. As he leaned in closer, Sakura felt the urge to close the gap between them. Hesitantly, she fluttered her eyes closed when Sasuke's forehead touched hers.

Sasuke noticed when she closed her eyes, she was trembling. He smirked.

"Do you want me to kiss you?"