Chapter 8 - Compete For Her Heart

Sakura glanced at the time and realized it was already nine o'clock. 'Oh come on .... how much longer is this wedding ceremony going to last?' she sighed as she took a glass of champagne from the food table and proceeded to drink it, but was taken by surprise when someone stopped her.

"You're still seventeen. You got to wait one more year if you're going to drink alcohol," Neji's voice came. He took the flute glass from her and took a sip from it.

"Ah, but.... it's my wedding, so-"

"No excuses. As Sasuke's friend, I must look out for you ... Juugo and the others will, too." Neji bowed slightly at her.

Sakura pouted a little, but remained silent. Speaking of Sasuke, she hasn't seen him since the wedding vows....s he was to busy talking to other people whom she barely knew, and she was pretty sure that Sasuke was discussing with other people, too. Her eyes glanced around the spacious room, trying to find him in the crowd.

 "Are you looking for Sasuke?" Neji asked.

"Yea... I haven't seen him for a while." Sakura nodded as she continued to observe the crowd

"Hn. Don't be so eager to find him... you'll have all night with him," Neji smirked.

Sakura blushed at the statement. 'Oh sh*t... I forgot.... the wedding night. Well.... we aren't really married, so of course we won't do it .' Sakura thought. "Ah... I really didn't mean it like that, Neji-san-"

"Just call me Neji. Formalities aren't necessary." Neji interrupted.

"Oh...I'm sorry..." Sakura bowed apologetically.

Neji smirked at her innocence. He reached out a hand to her. Sakura just blinked curiously at him. "Come on ... I'll take you to him," Neji stated.

Sakura didn't know what to say, so she hesitantly linked her arm in his as he dragged her along with him. "Um... where the others?" Sakura asked quietly.

"They're around here... probably talking to other people, or hitting up on girls," Neji shrugged.

"Oh." Sakura muttered. She was guided upstairs, where there were even more crowded people. 'Wow, how are we supposed to find him?' she thought as her eyes glanced around.

"There he is." Neji stated and pointed towards a group of old men.

Sakura doubted for a moment, but she spotted him amongst them. "He looks busy, though. Are they business men or something?"

"Yea, most likely. Since Sasuke is the son of the CEO of the company, he has a lot of responsibility to hold because he's the next in line to be in charge." Neji explained.

Sakura's eyebrows went up in amusement. She never thought abou that. "Isn't that a a lot of stress on him?" she blinked.

"Of course, but Sasuke can do it. He's very intelligent for someone his age, and he has great leadership skills," Neji complimented as he led her towards them.

"Ah, I don't think I should go-,"

"It's fine. Besides, you're his wife now... you should stay by his side all the time. I'll take my leave now, Sakura." he leaned down and placed a small kiss on her hand, causing her to blush.

Sakura opened her mouth to say something, but he walked away and disappeared into the crowd. She took a deep breath and turned around, walking over to Sasuke. When she reached him, she just stood quietly behind him, afraid to interrupt the conversation.