Chapter 10 - Meeting Up

Sasuke's eyes fluttered a few times. He glanced over at the time and realized it was already 8 o'clock. He looked up and saw Sakura asleep, her head leaning against her pillow couch and breathing slowly.

'I probably slept too long so she got tired, too..' he thought as he sat quietly, careful not to disturb her. He let out a soft yawn and stretched out his arms.

Sasuke gazed back at her and a small smile formed on his face. She looked like a peaceful, sleeping angel. Without thinking, he reached over and brushed away some bangs from her  eyes and tucked it behind her ear, making a few strands of hair drape gracefully over her shoulders.

She was really, no doubt, beautiful. Sasuke glanced at her broken wrist and sighed. 

"You are too clumsy, Sakura."

He hesitated for a bit, but then he leaned in towards her, placing a light kiss on her forehead. He let his lips linger there for a few more seconds before slowly pulling away.

Sasuke narrowed his eyes and once again wondered why he always did that to her when she was asleep.

"Well... I should put her in the bed..." he got off from the couch and as quietly and gently as he can, he picked her up in a bridal style and carried her towards their bedroom.

Sakura stirred a bit, but she didn't wake up.

Sasuke found himself blushing when she held on tightly to his shirt and snuggled against his chest.

'This d*amn woman...'

Sakura woke up the next morning, feeling refreshed. She tried to move, but realized she was stuck against something warm. Sakura nearly shrieked when she noticed she was in Sasuke's arms ...again.

'Seriously? Will he do this every morning?' she thought and tried to budge from his embrace.

Sakura winced when she felt a sharp pain in her hand. She looked down and saw that she bandage wrapped tightly around her wrist. 

'Oh yea.. I broke my wrist yesterday..'

"You awake?"

Sakura gasped at Sasuke's voice. She turned to look at him and blushed when he leaned his head down so that their foreheads were touching.

"You fell asleep on the couch yesterday so I brought you up here... hope you don't mind. " Sasuke smirked.

"You carried me?" Sakura blinked.

"Duh. What did you think I do? Drag you by your feet or something?" Sasuke rolled his eyes.

Sakura glared at him and pulled his arms with her uninjured hand.

"Can you let go? I wanna go and wash up."

"Why? We really don't have to do anything today.. we could just stay in bed and sleep all day.." Sasuke hugged her tighter.

"Well, I don't want to!" Sakura pouted and struggled to remove from his embrace.

"You know.. you have an injured wrist, so trying to get my arms off you with one hand won't be of any use." Sasuke replied.

"Shut up. Let me go." Sakura muttered and didn't listen to him.

"Sa-ku-raaa..." Sasuke snuggled in her hair.

Sakura froze when she felt his lips brush against her neck. 

"W..what are you doing?" she squeaked. Her heart felt like it was slamming against her rib cage.