Chapter 32 - Three Tasks

Sakura just stood there, frozen. She didn't know what to say or how to react.

"...I...I found out about the truth...and...you were right. Even if you told me, I wouldn't believe you, because...I just can't...." he sighed. "....I just can't imagine that Karin would do that to me..."

Sakura stayed quiet. A sense of relief washed over her...he finally knew. He finally knew the truth and now he won't accuse her of doing anything anymore.

"Sakura," he muttered her name quietly and slowly pulled her away. "Seriously, I'll do anything to make it up to you," he kept his eyes averted down; he couldn't bear to look at her because of the guilt he was feeling.

Sakura could clearly see how sorry he was, but she didn't know what to ask of him if he was going to make it up to her. 

"Um...I...I have to think about it..."

Sasuke just nodded. "Then anything you need or want, just tell me, I'll do it," 

Sakura's heart was racing. He was seriously gonna do anything just to make it up to her? Did he honestly feel that bad that he would be this sincere? She noticed that he wouldn't even raise up his head this whole time he was talking to her.

"Let's go home, first, ok?"

Sasuke didn't reply and just nodded again.

"Um, do you want to take your car-,"

"I'll send my driver home. We'll take yours," Sasuke murmured.

....besides, he had to thank Sakura's driver for telling the truth, too.

The drive home was awkward.

Sasuke just kept looking down at his lap the whole time and Sakura didn't know how to bring up a conversation with the tense mood.

When the driver stopped, neither one of them got out.

Sakura's driver cautiously looked back and cleared his throat. "Uh...um...young master, if I offended you by speaking out today, I apologize, and Ms. Sakura...I'm sorry for breaking my promise of not telling anyone. If it'll make you two happy, I'll gladly resign-,"

"It's fine," Sasuke interrupted.

Sakura glanced at him.

"...you did the right thing. Thank you," Sasuke replied before getting out first.

Sakura narrowed her eyes. "You...you told him...?"

The driver nodded slowly and bowed his head. 

"I'm sorry. I just felt that you didn't deserve all the blame."

Sakura stayed quiet for a while. The driver was taken by surprise when she just smiled faintly at him.

"Thank you," she said before also getting out.

The driver watched as she followed Sasuke inside the house and took a deep breath. "I really thought I was gonna get fired..."

Sasuke walked over to the living room and sat down on the couch. He took out his cellphone and scrolled down to Karin's number.

'How are we going to face each other? Why would she...' Sasuke groaned in frustration and closed his phone, slamming it down beside him. '...why would she do that?'

He lowered his head and stared down at his knees. He just couldn't get it through that Karin lied about everything...even the part where she slept with him. He was hurt, at the same time, he was angry that she did all that just to cause pain to Sakura.