Chapter 20 - Blame

Surprise you thought only one chapter updated for today well you thought wrong. XD

Sakura looked at him in surprise. What exactly did he mean? He was just so confusing these past few days.

She didn't bother to keep the conversation going and just shyly looked away from him.

Sasuke let out a quiet sigh and mentally smacked himself. He didn't know what the h*ll he was saying around her anymore. She actually didn't push him away...she even kissed him back...so of course, that kiss meant a lot. He glanced down and realized he was still holding her hand. It was kind of awkward right now, so he wasn't sure if he should let go or not.

Sakura, on the other hand, obviously knew he was still holding her hand, but she was nervous to pull away or do anything, so she kept still. She made a small gasp when she felt his hand turn and his fingers entangled with hers.

Sasuke kinda didn't want to let go, so he figured he should just keep holding her hand. He secretly smiled when she didn't pull away.

No matter how many times they held hands, Sasuke didn't know why he never got tired of it..it just felt so right.

The rest of the day was quiet and awkward. Sakura tried avoiding him as much as she could, and Sasuke pretended to busy himself with company contracts and papers.

'Ugh...this is not going well...' Sakura thought as she sat down in the living room and turned on the flat-screen TV. She was so nervous just to see him now.

Speak of the devil, Sasuke just came into the living room but stopped when he saw her.

Sakura glanced at him and then pretended like she was paying attention to the TV.

Sasuke wasn't sure if he should go sit with her or not. Slowly, he took a step forward but then froze again.

'...she probably doesn't want to be near me right now.' he thought and spun back around, walking away from her.

To be honest, Sakura was a little disappointed that Sasuke walked out.

'What am I thinking... it's like I wanted him to sit next to me anyway.' she thought to herself and shrugged.

Sasuke looked back slightly and noticed the disappointed look on her face.

'...why does she have that disappointed look on her face?' he bit his lower lip hesitantly, as he once again turned around and slowly walked back to her.

Sakura was taken by surprise when she noticed him walking back and shifted uncomfortably when he sat down beside her.

"...you ok?" Sasuke asked hesitantly.

"...yea..." Sakura nodded slowly.

Sasuke decided not to ask any more questions and just pretended to watch TV. 

Sakura looked at him from the corner of her eyes and wondered if she should ask. She gulped and fiddled her thumbs together.

"Um...Sasuke.."

"Hm?" Sasuke turned to look at her.

"Um...just wondering...what did you mean...?" Sakura paused. "You know...when you said it meant a lot..."

Sasuke blinked. He hadn't expected her to keep talking about that topic. He honestly didn't know what to tell her.

Sakura bit her bottom lip and averted her eyes from him.