Chapter 15 - Unexpected

When the bell rang for dismissal, Sasuke quickly got up and walked over to Sakura's class. He didn't want to face crowds of people who wanted to talk to him.

When he reached her class, he saw her coming out of her classroom and immediately grabbed her hand.

Sakura gasped in surprise. "Sasuke! The bell just rang... how'd you get here so fast?" she blinked.

"Hurry up. I don't want to be surrounded by all those people again.." Sasuke murmured and dragged her along with him.

He sighed in relief when they got out of the school gates.

"Geez...I think it'd be better if we both were just homeschooled. This is too troublesome."

"No way! I have friends here, and I'm not gonna leave this school just because it's annoying to you." Sakura glared at him.

"Heeeeyyy you guuuuyyysss!" Suigetsu's voice came from behind them. Juugo and the others came out of the school building.

Sakura smiled at them, but her mood dropped when she saw Naruto and Hinata.

She quickly turned around, not wanting them to see her.

"What's wrong?" Sasuke asked.

"....I still need to give Naruto my answer, but I don't know if I can face him yet..." Sakura murmured.

"Hm? What answer?" Suigetsu asked, curiously.

"Naruto wanted to get back with her." Sasuke sighed.

Sasuke stared at her and noticed how nervous she looked.

"Do you want me to come with you? I'll respect your answer, no matter what you choose, Sakura..."

Sakura gazed up at him and smiled thankfully at him. "Thank you, Sasuke." Slowly, she took his hand and pulled him along with her. She took a deep breath and walked over to Naruto and Hinata.

Juugo and the others stared at them in awe. "Are you sure one of us will win the bet? Because it sure looks like she's more interested in Sasuke than any of us." Neji murmured.

"Yea... it's quite a problem now, but, the condition in their marriage was that there will be no love. Sooo, it's kind of impossible for them." Suigetsu shrugged.

Naruto spotted Sakura and Sasuke coming towards them.

"Sakura..."

Sakura stopped right in front of him, looking back and forth between him and Hinata.

Naruto stared down at their hands and noticed how Sakura was holding Sasuke's hand tightly.

"....Sakura.... do you have an answer for me, now?" he asked.

Sakura nodded.

Sasuke felt Sakura's hand trembling, so he entangled his fingers with hers and squeezed her hand slightly.

Naruto noticed this, and he glared at Sasuke.

"I don't know if I can forgive you two, yet. I just still can't believe you did that to me..." Sakura looked at them sadly.

Hinata looked away in guilt and Naruto averted his eyes from her.

"I appreciate the choice you two gave me, but..." Sakura paused.

"....but I think I'll reject the offer."

Sasuke's eyes widened. He had expected her to say yes and go back to Naruto.