Chapter 29 - Together Again

When school ended, they all gathered at the front again.

While walking, Sakura saw Hinata and Naruto together and ran quickly ran over to them.

"Naruto," she called hesitantly.

He turned around and his eyes widened, seeing her.

"Sakura. I haven't seen you for like 2 weeks...."

"I've been busy," Sakura muttered and glanced over to Hinata, who looked down to avoid her gaze.

"...so...." Naruto cleared his throat awkwardly.

Sakura took a deep breath. She was ready for this; she'll forgive them. She had enough problems right now already, so she wanted to get this done and over with. She gazed up at Naruto and every memory of their relationship flashed through her mind. He was no doubt, her first love. She knew that no matter how mad she was at him for betraying her, she could never hold a grudge against him for so long.

...and Hinata. They had their laughs and cries together as best friends. She would never forget that either.

"Things are getting complicated lately, and I just wanted to clear things up with you guys," Sakura replied. She could clearly see that they still feel guilty.

"What you two did to me... I don't think I'll ever forget it, but I think I can let it go. You two were the most important people in my life, and...I just can't stay mad at you guys forever. When you're in love, you should be together, and when you love someone, you should let them go if that's what makes them happy..." she paused. "...I really, really, loved you, Naruto...and Hinata, you were like a sister to me. You guys did whatever you could to win my trust again. You even agreed to break up if I want Naruto back again. Knowing that two did that...I now know that you were just scared of telling me...you didn't want to hurt me." (Even though, technically, they did.)

Naruto and Hinata looked at each other with curious expressions and just stayed speechless.

Sakura took another deep breath and clenched her hands into fists. "...I forgive you,"

Hinata stared at her quietly and said the only thing that came to her mind.

"...thank you..." she made a faint smile at Sakura.

Naruto sighed in relief and gazed at Sakura. He really, truly, did love her, too. He was so glad that she was willing to forgive him.

"Thank you, Sakura."

Sakura nodded and turned around. She didn't know what else to say anymore. 

"Then...I'll see you guys tomorrow..." she muttered.

"Um, Sakura, how is it going with you and Sasuke?" Naruto quickly asked.

Sakura froze. "It's...complicated," she replied and walked away before he could respond.

Hinata watched her go, worriedly. "It's complicated? Do you think something's going on between them? Is that why she forgave us?"

"I don't know...but Sakura deserves happiness, and I hope Sasuke is giving that to her,"

Sasuke didn't waste any time and went directly to his car after the bell rang. He sat, waited, and waited.

'D*mn it, where is Sakura?' he rolled his eyes and looked at the time on his cellphone. The party would start in just three hours; they still had to get dressed up and everything.