Chapter 34: Terror

Cassian's POV:

I can feel it. She's here. Ally must have been downright terrified to have brought her here. I was planning to bring her here after I had introduced her to my world. My identity. But unfortunately, those brats of the House of Avyanna took that liberty of revealing the world of supernaturals to my love. 

No matter. I can always punish them, wipe her memory and start over. 

I am not the kind of guy who tortures his girlfriend for kissing his brother. It was also partly my fault. I had scared her with my love for torture too much and had unintentionally pushed her away. I wasn't there to comfort her and tell her not to be afraid of me. Instead, Ren took advantage of her fear and poisoned her mind against me. 

 I'm going to make sure she doesn't remember that bastard at all. The only man she will want will be me. 

I pushed the door and felt the protective spells on it push me back. I smirked.

They think that a few weak little protection charms are going to keep me from destroying the House. Forever. I remembered when old man Nathaniel would constantly drill into my head that I shall have to be the true leader of the Gifted ones and turn the House of Avyanna into House of Mantzari.

Huh, as if I am interested in that crap. I am not one to lead. I am the one who leads the leaders.

I placed my palm on the door again, but this time, forced through the barriers of the House. I had spent years practising breaking protective barriers. Because I believed in knowing how to protect and how to attack.

Kiara's POV:

We all stood in the entrance hallway, waiting. 

Waiting for the attack to happen. I was at the back with Chryss and Darren. The other stronger ones were positioned at the front with Uncle Ash. They all had some sort of magical weapon in their arms. I did not bother asking what they were as I knew no one could be bothered explaining right now. 

I was buzzing with nervousness, apprehension and part excitement.

Some part of me was excited to see Cassian again. I knew that it was wrong, but now that I knew about Jacquelyne and her devotion to him, I wanted to .... prove to her that he genuinely liked me and never forced me to do anything that I shouldn't have done. 

Another question bugged me. Why did he kill her? And what were her crimes that he left her to be tortured forever?
Somehow, knowing all about his past, that messed up part of me told me to look past his 'sadistic torturer' facade.

But I had kissed Zorraine and it had felt... good.

Not as good as Cassian, though, messed up me said to me snidely, you can't deny it. You liked the way he treated you, you loved the thrill his roughness gave you.

The door didn't budge, but everyone started murmuring among themselves, looking rather agitated.

As though they could feel Cassian's rage plowing through the protection charms.

I looked at Chryss questioningly but she was too distracted by the shaking of the room to notice.

How strong did he have to be, to be able to undo centuries old magic?

Guilt and nervousness snaked it's way up my throat. Would Cassian be angry with me, enough for me to meet the same fate as Jacquelyne?

No, he wouldn't do that to me. He would be rational and reasonable.

Or would he?....

The door was bust down with an almighty crash which made everyone flinch and made me tingle with anticipation.