Chapter 7: .....or Angelic demon?

News of Greg Sommers's death had spread like wildfire around the school. His girlfriend, cheerleader Illiana Carter, was howling hysterically in the middle of the hall, while her best friend, Daniella Phillips patted her on the shoulders, offering (fake) comforting words.
"She's not really upset about his death is she?" Commented Curly as we watched Illiana wail, "She's been flirting with the quarterback, Derek Williams for weeks. I bet they'll start dating from tomorrow itself."
I scoffed, "Of course they will. You don't need a genius to deduce that she's faking it!"
Daniella glancing up at me sharply told me that I'd spoken too loudly.
She and her bunch of nasties glared at me as Daniella walked up to me, trying to look menacing, "What did you say, Craplyle?"
I sneered at her, "I said, she's faking it."
Illiana howled even louder at my words. Daniella scowled, "She just lost her boyfriend to a homicidal psychopath, so of course she's devastated!"
"Devastated? You're kidding! She'll start smooching Derek Williams from tomorrow itself."
"You are such a bitch! You've got absolutely no ability to get a guy, so you're just jealous!"
"Jealous of her? You should check your meds, Dani. I would rather have my arms ripped off than go out with an overweight jerk like Sommers."
Daniella's face turned an ugly shade of puce as she hissed, "I hope you get your tongue ripped off next, Craplyle!"
"So that you don't have to be humiliated by me anymore? Bad luck Dani, your dreams are not gonna come true."
With that, I grabbed Curly's arm and turned away to get to class.
Poor Dani, she thinks she can out- insult me.
I saw Cassian leaning on a locker near a livid Daniella and a wailing Illiana. He silently slow clapped at me and smiled his sinisterly hot smile.
Grinning stupidly, I half skipped to class, dragging a confused Curly with me.
_________________________
After school, Curly had an appointment with the dentist, I had to walk home by myself.
Great. A long and charming walk by a creepy forest.
I had no choice but walk home. God, why did no one tell me walking home alone was so damn depressing?
I whistled a lively tune to keep up my spirits as I tried to get home. It was getting pretty dark. And I felt kind of odd. Almost..... oppressive.
The patter of footsteps came to my ears from behind me. I heaved a sigh of relief knowing that I wasn't alone.
I was about to turn around to see who it was when suddenly, the person behind me quickened his pace. For some reason, I felt compelled not to turn around and speed up.

The guy behind me started to run and so did I. I had no idea why I started to run as well. Maybe because fear overwhelmed me. I was more surprised at that rather than my pursuer. I had never before felt that scared.
I ran towards my house, desperately trying to get there safely. My pursuer's footsteps rang in my ears. I really wanted to shut them out of my head. Who the hell was this guy?
Thud
I slammed into a wall. Stars swam in front of my eyes as I squinted.
Wait, wall?
I was running on the main road.
Where did a wall come from?
Not wall. It was a chest. A rock hard chest.
After colliding, I would've fallen on my butt on the ground, if two strong, muscular arms hadn't slid around my waist and secured me from falling.
The arms belonged to an extremely gorgeous guy.
He had sapphire blue eyes and lustrous black hair. His pale skin contrasted strongly with his black sweater. His chiselled features looked like they had been carved from marble. His eyes beneath slightly slanted eyebrows were presently filled with concern as he helped me stand straight, "Are you alright?"
His voice was husky and made me forget what I should've said.
I straightened up and cleared my throat, "Yeah. I'm okay. Thank you, um..."
He smiled and my stomach dissolved into a puddle of ecstacy, "Zorraine"
I tried for a confident smile, "Thanks Zorraine. I'm Kiara."
"You're welcome, Kiara. Who were you running from?" His concerned look came back.
"Uh.." I looked behind me. The road was deserted apart from us. Of course it was! The psycho pursuer wouldn't have stood around waiting for me to introduce him to Zorraine, would he?
I decided to brush it off, "No one it seems. Maybe I just got a bit paranoid of being alone in the dark."
He chuckled, "It really isn't safe for beautiful girls like you to be out alone. These are dark times."
Did he just call me beautiful?
"Yeah, it is getting quite dark. I should get home, or my mom is gonna file a missing case in the police station."
He nodded as I turned to leave.
His husky caress of a voice said softly, "It was a real pleasure meeting you Kiara. I really hope we meet again.... in more intimate conditions."
I could not stop blushing until I got home.

Zorraine (more information to come later)

Author's note:
Hi people! Thank you SO much to whoever have read this. No comments till now. Hmmm... I guess I should wait for a miracle. I'm obsessed with writing, so please motivate me to keep uploading. This is the longest chapter I've written till now. So you see what I'm willing to do for you guys?
Thanks again!😁😁🙏🙏
P.S. I just realized that Zorraine's eyes in the picture are not exactly blue, so you guys just have to pretend them to be blue. Sorry for the inconvenience! 😅😅