Flashback (Part 2)

"REN! REN! LET ME OUT! REN, PLEASE!"

Cassian's voice was hoarse from yelling. Partly because of the pain the creature was inflicting on him and partly at his brother to open the door.

The undead raked it's talon like razor sharp fingernails across his bare chest, leaving deep, bleeding gashes.

Cassian could feel his entire body burn in torturous pain. His eyes clouded over as he felt himself slump down to the ground, unable to fight back.

Outside, Zorraine stood ramrod straight, gazing at the closed door, emotionlessly. He didn't flinch even when Cassian banged on the door, calling to be let out. He didn't move a muscle when his younger brother emitted howls the creature tortured him.

On the other hand, Jacquelyne Cabrera whimpered whenever Cassian yelled. Part of her wanted to ask Zorraine to let him out. But she knew that her life was pretty much over if she dared to do that. So she kept shut and cowered in a corner, distancing herself as much as she could from Zorraine.

Zorraine however, couldn't care less about her. He had other things in mind. The plan couldn't go wrong any more. Already, they were behind schedule. That pathetic girl Jacquelyne was supposed to seduce him (if it was even possible to seduce a sleeping man) and then complete their bond. The bond could only be completed with physical connection. If the bond had been completed, then Cassian, whether he wanted it or not, would have been with Jacquelyne for all eternity, but

Under his control...

After all, he was the one who had revealed to Cassian who he really was.

He would've been able to use Cassian to take over the House of Avyanna and turn it into....

The House of Mantzari

But since the slumber spell hadn't worked, he did what he had to and decided to finish Cassian off. So that the disappointing excuse for a Mantzari monster would not get in his way.

Suddenly, the creature gave a feral snarl and everything became very quiet. Jacquelyne gazed at the door fearfully. Did this mean... that Cassian was dead?

Zorraine did not bother to open the door and check. He merely turned and walked away. His work was done.
____________________________
A few minutes ago
Cassian's eyes were almost closed in exhaustion. He had tried his best to ward off the creature but in vain.

All was over. Zorraine had won.
Betrayal.......

FLASH!

A burst of white light almost blinded him and threw the creature of him. The undead landed a few feet away and snarled menacingly.

Cassian looked at the window, from where the flash had erupted. He wondered who was it that held even the slightest bit of sympathy for him in his heart.

Aeschylus DeLaney shot out both of his arms forward and flaming chains flew out towards the creature, wrapping it in themselves.

At that moment, Cassian just sat there stupefied as he watched the undead thrash around trying to free itself. The chains held it tight, digging into it's flesh. In any moment, it would be disemboweled and destroyed. But.... how did Aeschlyus know? And why would he choose to save him?

Injured head reeling with questions, Cassian tried to raise a broken arm towards Aeschlyus, whimpering weakly, "Wh-why? How? Aeschylus..."

He felt the last vestiges of his life leave him as he slumped backwards. Was this really how he would die? In this weak, powerless and pathetic way?