Chapter 8: Welcome

Unknown POV:
My darling managed to amuse me yet again. I chuckled, thinking back to how she snubbed Daniella.
Her witty retorts were worth killing Sommers for.
Those stupid human police were blindly groping for his murderer. They're thinking wild animals did that to him because poor Greggykins had ventured too far into the dangerous forest.
Fools. As if any wild animal could match up to me.
I poured myself a glass of red wine. I preferred red wine because it reminded me of blood. And I couldn't exactly drink blood as I wasn't a vampire.
I was far more dangerous.
I smiled as Kiara's angelic face floated in my mind. My present to her and the people of Oakwood served as a perfect reminder to them. They will see more. Much more, that will invoke their memories of me very soon.
I took a sip of my wine and to my surprise, found my glass empty. I slammed it down on the table next to me, almost shattering it. Only one person was immature enough to pull such a childish move.
An annoyingly familiar voice called out from the shadows at the door, "I had to do that, brother. Seeing as you don't have the manners to offer me some."
Brother?
He walked into the room and I saw the face of my older brother for the first time in over 50 years.

"Zorraine"

He dramatically put a hand over his heart, "Dear me! You actually remember my name. So you're not so much of a stuck up brat any more?"
I glared at him, "Why the hell are you here, Zorraine?"
He chuckled, as irritation boiled in me, "I got wind of your newest obsession, brother."
I raised my eyebrows, "Obsession?"
He strolled up to me and leaned on the table, "I must say, she is gorgeous."
He actually had the nerve to say that?
"You touch her, and I'll make sure you burn in hellfire for all eternity."
"Oh I didn't just touch her, I had her entwined in my arms. I saved her from a dangerous stalker.", he drawled.
Rage erupted from me as my anger smashed all the windows in the room, " You did what?"
He chuckled again, "I might have scared her a little on her way home from school. The poor girl was terrified of the deranged psychopath running after her. She came running right into my welcoming arms. God, it was amazing to hold her. So soft and fragile."
I scoffed at him, "Do you think I was born yesterday, brother? My Kiara can never be scared that easily. And don't expect me to believe your bullshit about her running into your arms. You must have mistaken her surprise for fear."
Zorraine glanced at the broken windows and immediately, the glass shards flew back into place, good as new. Ha. New. As if anything in this house could be new.
"She's brave. I'm surprised at your choice, little brother. I never knew you had such good taste!"
I looked at him threateningly, "Don't even dare to try anything. She's mine. You take one wrong step towards her, and I'll live up to my promise of letting you burn in hellfire."
He laughed, raising up his palms in mock surrender, "Peace, brother, peace. Don't get worked up as soon as I come back. Don't you want to welcome me properly?"
He spread out his arms wide.
Does he think I'll actually hug him?
"Get lost" I huffed at him, pouring out another glass of wine.
He winked, "That's the friendliest thing you've said to me since I arrived this evening."
I smirked, knowing that he was right.