Chapter 11: Perfect present

Unknown POV:
Poor, poor little sister. She is so scared. Scared of her big brother. Scared of me.
My insides screamed in rage as I listened to Kiara, my Kiara, gush over that bastard, Zorraine.
She is supposed to speak of me that way, not him! She thinks he saved her. Huh, little does she know that it was he that had given her such a fright.
To be precise, he had saved her from himself.
I laughed to myself at the thought, as I watched her twirl a strand of her golden brown hair around her finger, obviously bored. Of course she was. We were in a history lecture.
I felt like grabbing her then and there and kissing her pretty pink lips. She drives me crazy without even trying. I want her real bad. But I have to wait.
I can't let my plan be ruined because of my impatience.
_________________________
That evening, I entered my little sister's room and leaned on the doorway, observing her.
I wrinkled my nose at the hovel she was calling a house. I knew she was staying there only to maintain her disguise, but who did she think she was fooling? She clearly hated having to live in a tiny cottage, when she was used to a mansion. Our home.
She was crouched at the edge of her cot- like bed and shaking violently.
I chuckled lightly. She bolted upright and saw me. "Cass! I'm, I'm so sorry! I- I didn't realise that she had started t- to like Ren. Please don't be angry!" She started to cry, afraid of what I might do.
I came to sit next to her on the bed and gathered her into my arms.
"Shhh, it's alright. I don't blame you, sis. I blame that rat, Zorraine. How could you ever think that I'd ever hurt you? Shhh, don't cry....." I gently stroked her curly red hair as she sniffled into my shirt, visibly relieved.
"I'm just, scared of your temper, Cass. What you did to that fat Sommers boy was..... awful. It reminded me of the old days." She snuggled closer to me, "I really don't want to remember the old days."
I laughed, looking at her affectionately, "You don't have to be scared of me, Ally. I know I can be a bit of a monster when I'm angry, but I don't want you to ne scared of me. I care about you too much."
"I know" She looked up at me with her large, doll's eyes, "Do you care about Kiara too?"
Ah, Ally, you know exactly which buttons to push, don't you?
I got a faraway look in my eyes, "Its too early to say, Ally. I know she's the one. That's for sure. And I want her badly. I crave her. Hearing her talk about Zorraine that way absolutely tore me up with jealousy and rage. You saw that smashed salt shaker, didn't you?" She nodded, as I continued, "I have some perfectly lovely presents for her. I'm sure they'll be enough to get her attention."
I smiled sinisterly. Oh yes, the next surprise is going to be perfect.
_________________________
Kiara's POV:
"Dad!" I screamed in delight as my mom opened the door to reveal my dad standing on the front doorstep.
He smiled, a little worn out. He must have had quite a long journey, "Hey, how's my little smarty?"
"I'm fine! How're you? And how come you didn't arrive earlier? Why didn't you call?"
He laughed as my mom took his briefcase from him, "Honestly, Kiara. Let the poor man enter the house before bombarding him with questions!"
"He's inside already. Dad, why didn't you come earlier?"
He started to take off his boots as he said apologetically, "I'm sorry, smarty. The flight was delayed and my phone battery had died. But I'm here now!" He gave me a huge smile and opened his arms wide.
Oh boy, I love doing this!
I literally fell into his broad, muscly chest and wrapped my arms around his large waist, "I missed you!"
I heard him utter a groan, "Oof! Yeah, I missed you too smarty."
Hugging my dad is like hugging a huge, firm, but comfy teddy bear.
My mom cleared her throat from the kitchen door, "Really Kiara? You forgot your poor old mom?" She sniffed in a (fake) hurt voice.
Dad started to laugh as I smirked, "Aww, get over it poor old mom!"
Mom stepped toward me with a ladle in hand, "Come here, you cheeky little brat! I'll teach you a lesson!"
I raced up to my room, laughing, as I heard my mom mumble something about 'kids who think they're smart".
Of course, I had no idea who she was referring to. *Proud of myself*

At dinner, dad asked me about how I was fitting into my new school.
"Its a school, dad. What do you expect? Of course it's boring!" I stopped to swallow a forkful of spaghetti.
Dad grinned, "That's school life for you smarty. Thank God it's behind me now! No more high school drama for me."
I laughed as mom glared at him, "Ralph!"
He grinned guiltily as he motioned for me to turn on the telly.
I flicked it on and the on screen reporter's grave words shocked us out of our light hearted mood.
".....At around 8. 30pm, Oakwood High cheerleader, Illiana Carter, 17, was found dead on the outskirts of the Oakwood Forest. Her body had been badly burned and her head stuffed into her purse, which was bloodied and torn, much like her clothes. Investigation is currently in progress....."
I quickly shut it off. My mom covered her mouth with her hands, "My God..."
Dad looked at the blank TV screen, his expression one of horror.
Jeez! First Greg, then his girlfriend. I wonder who's next.
"Kiara!" My mom exclaimed, shocked, "Don't say such things!"
With a jolt, I realized I'd said that aloud. Dad patted mom on the back, looking at me reproachfully.
Oops....

Ralph Carlyle,  47 years old

Author's note
How's life everyone! I hope you guys liked the surprise I brought in this chapter. Did Cassian 's caring side make you go awwwwwww? Please do vote, comment and share!
Bye bye!😁😁😁