Chapter 25: No one is innocent

Cassian's POV:
I. Will. Murder. That. Bastard.
How dare he even look at my Kiara?
Not only did he scare the hell out of her by sending one of his voodoo dolls to pick her up, he revealed a lot of things that he should have kept shut about.
He told her. He told her about himself, about our family, about everything. But thankfully, he did not tell her about me. Which is a good thing because she wouldn't have been able to handle it.
I was pretty pissed off at Ren for meddling with my victim's corpse. He was the one who had spotted young Olivia Wilde discovering Luella's head. And the diabolical prick had used her fear to possess her and make her obey him. He even made her mother forget the fact that she had a daughter until he sent Olivia back.
Idiot. It would've been so much more fun if Mrs. Wilde had run around screaming for her daughter.
I sat on my usual window side seat in math class and rolled my eyes at the idiot man lecturing the students about the recent accidents and murders and how they should be careful out on the street.
Little did they know Greg, Illiana and dear Luella had never been out on the stupid street when they had been tortured to death. They had been taken right from their rooms, safe in their houses. Well, not safe anymore.
I smirked to myself as he continued to drone. I tuned out and let my eyes roam to my angel.
Kiara was sitting towards the back as usual, as math was not exactly her best friend. She was listening wide eyed as the teacher explained about what had happened to poor Miss Luella Walters last Sunday.
The old history teacher's wasted body had been found headless near the edge of the town, at the outskirts of the Forest. Her head had been found at the side of the road in one of the lesser travelled parts of the town.
Apparently, her head had been beyond unrecognizable. All mutilated and broken. If it hadn't been for the forensics reports and the DNA results, it would never have been clear as to whose body and head it was.
I watched, amused, as Kiara gripped Ally's hand in horror. Well, more nausea than fear.
Ally, of course, looked put out and slightly sick. She had never been a fan of gruesome murder. I had a few things to tell her off about. Like, not being able to keep some important things from Kiara and revealing her true nature to her. Now Kiara knew about me being an immortal sorcessor with a sadistic streak. Great.
However, she did not know about me being the murderer of Greg, Illiana and Luella, which was a relief. At least, I will have the pleasure of informing her of that myself.
For a brief second, her eye met mine. I knew she was cautious about having any contact with me. I smirked at the thought. She should know that she will have a lot of contact with me, whether she likes it or not.
My thoughts wandered over to the things I would do to her when I would claim her....
I pictured her silken golden brown locks wrapped around my hand and her velvety smooth legs wrapped around my waist as I ravaged her lips like no one else could. Her moans and sweet whispers poured down my ears like the sweetest of melodies.
Her hands dug into my hair and gripped it tightly, as I tortured her with my sinful caresses. Her skin felt like absolute bliss and all my senses fogged up from her delicious scent.
My vicious thoughts were interrupted by the math teacher calling out my name.
"Mr. Montez, could you repeat what I just said?"
I raised my eyebrows in slight surprise. He was seriously thinking of me to be like the rest of his students.
Dumb idiot.
I didn't bother to stand up or show him any kind of respect. I merely glared right into his eyes, to show him who was the boss. The entire class stared at me, in a mixture of awe, apprehension and fear. Kiara looked curious to see what I would do next. Ally had her head in her hands. I fought down the urge to laugh at her exasperated expression directed at me for making a scene.
Most of the other girls were literally swooning and salivating over me. I smirked to myself. Half the class was already on my side. Who was on this math loser's side? Not many. I decided to have some fun with him.
"You said you were sorry to have dared to ask me such a useless question, sir." I said lazily.
The class gasped. Obviously, they were shocked at my audacity. They had never imagined me to be so rude.
Well, I was never exactly known for my knowledge of manners.
The teacher stepped back in shock. His face was a picture of horror which was proof that he was stumped. He was so stupefied that he could not speak for a while.
After around ten minutes, he finally managed to remember how to speak.
"What- what did you just say?" His voice quavered pretty badly.
I put on my most annoyed expression, "I'm sure you are not hard of hearing. You heard me perfectly clearly and I would suggest you recover from your... consternation." I made air quotes with my fingers at the last word, much to the entertainment of the rest of the class.
His face turned an ugly shade of puce as the students howled with laughter. I sneaked a look at Kiara to see both amusement and shock on her beautiful face. Just the reaction I wanted.
The teacher seemed unsure, balancing himself on the balls of his feet, and making irregular eye contact with me, "Well- Mr. Montez, I-I'm not quite sure that's what I had... sa-said."
Beads of sweat formed on his forehead, and his hands shook slightly. He was nervous. Good.
Amused, I leaned back on the hind legs of my chair and smirked, "You seem pretty bothered, sir. I think you should sit down."
He wiped his forehead, looking somewhat confused, as though wondering why he was sweating so profusely, "Ye-yes, right you are, Mr. Montez. I should.... I should take a seat."
The rest of the class looked at me in awe and admiration. Like they should. Most openly scorned the math teacher and praised my brazen cheek.
I caught Ally's eye and winked, much to her annoyance. She frowned at me, like, must you always do that?
As usual then.
Kiara smiled approvingly at me and gave me a silent salute. I congratulated myself inwardly. Now she respects me.
When the class ended, and all the kids rushed out for lunch, I hung back and waited until the teacher and I were the only ones left in the classroom.
He looked up at me both nervously and curiously, "Mr. Montez? Did you want something from me?"
I grinned mysteriously, walking up to his desk with calculated slowness and leaning down on it with my palms pressed down on it's top, "When you mention it, sir, I just wanted to give you a bit of... free advice."
He moved forward inquisitively, "And that would be...?"
I dropped my voice to a warning whisper, "I would suggest, in the future... you avoid getting on my bad side. After all, it would quite a pity if you ended up like poor Miss Luella Walters... wouldn't it?"
He stilled, staring at me with fear all over his face. Unable to speak.
I chuckled darkly and straightened up, "So that's all I wanted to say, sir. Thank you for hearing me out."
He just gaped at me open mouthed and managed a weak nod as I walked out of the room whistling cheerfully.
Just at the door, I turned back and said in a casual, well meaning voice:
"Oh, and sir? Be safe, won't you? One simply cannot know what dangers are lurking out on the street. Good day."
I didn't look at his face, as I was sure I wouldn't be able to stop my laughter at his expression.
However, I smiled to myself as I heard a loud crash behind me, as though the person sitting on the chair had keeled over backwards and fallen out of it.
_____________________________
Kiara's POV:
"All the senior teachers are requested to assemble in room 304 immediately. Urgent emergency. I repeat. All the senior......"
The droning voice of Principal Sherman floated out of the intercom in the cafeteria, stopping everyone in their tracks.
Room 304 was the seniors' math classroom. We had just witnessed a very entertaining encounter between the math teacher and Cassian there. Gosh, now I have no doubts that he is a sadistic sorcessor. He must have manipulated the teacher as the latter looked like he was having a panic attack and a nervous breakdown at the same time when Cassian was glaring at him.
But... what could have happened there just now that's so serious?
I glanced at Curly, quizzically, "What do you think happened?"
She rubbed her eyes wearily, "Cass..."
Huh?
I kinda like this new, more confident Curly. Now that her secret was out, she had dropped that lost little girl act and could make some really cutting remarks when provoked.
"Cass? What do you mean, Cass?" I pressed, urgently.
She sighed, "He's done something. I don't know what, but he does not let people who challenge him get off easily."
I am liking this guy more and more by the second.
I got up from our table and pulled her up with me, "Then come on! Let's go see what your dear brother has in store for us."
Curly cracked a half amused smile, which made her look more different than ever, and shook her head, "You two are horrible influences on each other."
I rolled my eyes and dragged her to room 304. I admit, I looked around for Cassian a bit, but couldn't find him anywhere. Maybe he's off enjoying the aftermath of his doings.
There was a large crowd gathered outside the classroom. Mostly students were trying to catch a glimpse of what was happening inside. Some teachers were talking amongst themselves in hushed tones while some were trying to herd the students away from the class door.
We jumped and shoved but couldn't even get a peek of the door.
Curly muttered in annoyance, "What a bother...". She lightly touched the blonde girl in front of her on the shoulder, and immediately, she collapsed to the ground. I watched, slightly shocked, as the girl promptly closed her eyes and murmured softly in her sleep, a silly smile on her face, as though she were having sweet dreams.
As the other kids around us started to panic and yell, Curly grabbed my elbow and pulled me to the front.
I gaped at her incredulously, "What did you just do to her?"
She clicked her tongue impatiently as the teachers started fussing over the unconsious girl, running around to call her parents and get help, while the other kids jostled for a better look at her now instead of inside the classroom.
"Come on! Let's get in while everyone else is distracted with her!" She dodged past a few kids and I followed close behind, "But you didn't say what you did!"
Curly waved a careless hand at my face, "Nothing much. I just put her to sleep for an hour or so. She's having sweet dreams and will be perfectly fine. Now stop worrying and let's go in."
Putting people to sleep in broad daylight in the middle of a crowd seemed a bit risky, but I knew better than to argue.
We entered the now devoid-of-pesky- teachers classroom and looked around.
And there he was.
The math teacher was slumped forward on his chair, his head and chest on the desk. His head was turned sideways, facing us. His eyes were closed, and his mouth was slightly open, drool pooling onto the desk out of his mouth. He was obviously asleep and a thought tugged at me.
So Cassian just put him to sleep? I must admit, I was quite disappointed in my sadistic sorcessor.
It would've been cool if we had gotten the math period free.
Of course, I didn't want him to die obviously. Honestly, I'm not that cruel.
Curly quietly walked upto him and bent over him, observing him.
She spoke so softly, I almost didn't hear her, "Oh Cass.... why? Why must you always do that?"
She sighed to herself, looking dejected. I was puzzled. What was the big deal? He had only put him to sleep. It was not like he had killed him, right?
Right?
Two men in white uniforms ran into the classroom, carrying a stretcher.
They held it, while another two men heaved up the math teacher and lifted him onto the stretcher. They carefully carried him out.
Some teachers hurried into the room, looking very frazzled and worried. They spotted me and Curly and quickly ushered us outside, mumbling something about students not being allowed inside.
I caught a glimpse of the math teacher's face as he was being carried out, and let out a small gasp.
The skin of the entire left side of his face was missing, and a horrifying layer of raw, pink flesh was visible. His eyeballs protruded out of the sockets and bits of white skull were visible among the exposed bloody flesh. It was a gruesome sight.
I staggered slightly and held onto Curly's shoulder for support. The poor man's face had been badly mutilated. How could he be that heartless? How?
Curly placed a hand over mine on her shoulder and looked at my shocked expression sadly, "I know".
___________________________
Author's note
Hey people! First of all, I would like to thank all who have voted and shared my story! May the gods above bless you with eternal happiness!

I thank you on behalf of Kiara, Cassian, Zorraine and Curly (Allyson). Trust me, they are SUPER ECSTATIC for your support and are waiting for more! So PLEASE continue encouraging me to finish this story by voting, sharing and telling me how you liked this chapter!
Good bye and thank you again!!!!
😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊