Chapter 28: House of Avyanna

Zorraine's POV:
Finally.

Finally I get what I yearned for for so long. Kiara.

When I kissed her, I knew. I knew we were meant to be together. She invoked in me emotions that I had thought I didn't possess any more.
Over a century, I have looked for the one who would complete me.

The one who I would have by my side for all eternity. Kiara is perfect.
She is the one I want. No one else is as beautiful, smart, sarcastic or witty as her. All the other girls I have met till now cannot dream of matching up to her. She didn't resist me anymore when I kissed her. God, those lips! I had dreamt of kissing them ever since I first saw them.

She's mine.

The only problem was Cass. The egoistic, pompous, brat. He was just not used to being denied what he desired. I admit, it was a little mean of me to have snatched Kiara from under his nose.

Ha, just kidding. I'm not sorry. At all.
And I was seriously getting annoyed by his tantrum.

"WHERE IS SHE YOU BASTARD! WHERE HAVE YOU HIDDEN HER?!"

His rage filled voice drilled into my ears as he stood in front of me, his hands filled with white hot flames, chest heaving and face murderous.
The window through which he had entered was shattered and the wall around it was charred. Like a bomb explosion.

Thankfully, I had vanished the portal Ally and I had made to help Kiara escape. I hope she's okay in the House of Avyanna with Darren, Mel and Uncle Ash.

"You didn't think of the consequences when you did it, did you?"

Cass's still rage filled voice snapped me back to reality.

I decided it would probably be less messy if I didn't provoke him anymore.

I held up my hands, indicating peace, "Woah! Cass, you'll wake up the whole town if you don't cool it."

He howled and lobbed another ball of hell fire at me. I shot out my hands just in time to erect a shield in front of myself as the whole house shook from the impact. I could faintly hear Kiara's mother call out from the next room, "Is everything alright, Kiara? Are you okay, honey?"

Damn. If she came in here to investigate, Cass might do her some serious harm in his anger. She was Kiara's mother. I couldn't let her get hurt.

"Listen, Cass, I know you're angry. But we have to take this somewhere else, or there's going to be a huge mess."

"You think I care about that?!" He snarled and summoned another ball of hell fire. I huffed, annoyed.

"You're not going to throw a big hissy fit over here, Cassian Montez. We're taking this away from here, and that's final." I took out a spirit jar from my pocket and started to unstopper it.
Cass eyed it warily, "If you're smart, you won't do that."

I smirked, "I must be pretty unsmart, then." The spirit escaped the jar in a black wisp of smoke and encircled my head, awaiting my orders. Not willingly. None of my trapped spirits served me willingly. Service is either given to me willingly, or I take it.
I commanded it and it flew to Cass, who growled, "You're a bloody coward! Fight me on your own instead of hiding behind your little toys!"

I walked over to him, as he was slowly getting shrouded in black smoke. He thrashed and tried to get out of the spirit's grasp, but couldn't.

I sneered, "You want to fight me when you can't fight my minions. Get real."
His hands were lit up by hell fire inside the dark spirit. I could tell he was full of unapeasable rage. His anger couldn't be cooled.