Chapter 18: Passion

My mind fogged up as his lips pressed gently against mine and his hand around my neck drew my head closer.
He took the glass from my hand and set it aside as he nipped my bottom lip, urging me to part my lips.

I couldn't even dream to resist. He smelled of smoke and something faintly familiar. Something sweet.

I parted my lips, giving his tongue access to my mouth. He buried one hand in my hair and clasped his other hand around my waist.

His mouth tasted of toasted marshmallows. My favourite.

I placed my hands on his rock hard chest and felt his strong muscles under my fingers. Our lips and tongues moved against each other in sync as though made for each other. It was as if we had been waiting all our lives for this moment.

In one fluid move, he shifted me onto his lap. I gasped softly as he chuckled.
"What're you up to, Cassian?" I whispered, slightly flustered.

He angled his head up at me, giving me a silky smile, "I want you. You have no idea how much I want you right now." His voice was hoarse with desire.
Desire for me.

I was feeling daring. Adrenaline flowed like fast rushing water through my veins. "Then show me.." My hands clasped around his neck as I dropped my voice to a velvety purr, "... how much you want me."

His breath quickened. His eyes burned with excited flames. He gave my hair a slight tug, "Be careful what you ask for, Miss Carlyle." Looking at his face, I was almost scared. He looked at me with such a dangerously dark expression that I second guessed my wish.

He grabbed my mouth in a frenzied passion, more ardent than before. His hands roamed up and down my back and my sides. Tingles ran all over my body like butterflies alighting on my skin.

I ran my fingers through his soft dark hair. It was like stroking silk.
As our kiss grew more heated, we started to forget our surroundings and that we were on a school campus.

Whatever worries I had about a teacher chaperone popping up and destroying our passionate moment, now disappeared completely, like they never existed. Even if a truckload of teacher chaperones dropped in on us, I wouldn't have stopped this kiss. He was an incredible kisser.

After what seemed like a divine eternity, I broke off the kiss. I wanted to look at his reaction. His eyes were darkened with desire and hooded. His lips were slightly pinker than usual, courtesy of our wildly passionate moment. I have to admit, he looked delicious at that moment.

I knew I looked an absolute mess, with my messed up hair and flushed cheeks.
He looked around us and then set me back on the bench from his lap. I was a little disappointed. I kinda preferred my previous seat.

I stared at the ground, not knowing what to do or say. He finally spoke, his voice concerned, "Is everything alright, Kiara?"

I half smiled at him, "Yeah, all good."
He didn't seem convinced, "You look upset. Did I do something wrong?"

I wanted to yell right then, "Wrong? What the hell Cassian Montez, you just transported me to the ultimate paradise and made me forget my own name and you ask me if something's wrong? Of course nothing's wrong! I just feel dizzy as hell after what you just did and don't know what to bloody say!"

But instead I said in a cool voice, "No, of course not. I just- I'm a little disoriented after that."

He smiled his husky smile, "Yeah, it was incredible, wasn't it?"

I flicked a strand of hair out of my face, "I'm still breathless. You like to be in control, don't you."

He held up my chin with his finger, "I like things to go the way I want them to. But right now..." his voice turned hoarse and made my blood curdle, "... I wanted to savour you. You taste of chocolate and vanilla. You're intoxicating like hell. I could do this all night."