Chapter 3: Cassian

Math class is as pointless as it sounds. What were calculators invented for, if not for calculating stuff? Why the hell do we poor teenagers have to do it?

Even though I really wanted not to attend the class, I wanted to keep Curly company 'cause something told me that she always sat alone in class...

She pulled me towards the front seats but I immediately pulled towards the back, "Nowhere near the teacher! Front row classroom seats and I have a natural enemity."
She giggled and let herself be guided to the back row.
As we were settling down, someone entered the classroom and a hush descended on the students. Eh, must be the teacher.
Not bothering to look up, I got out my books and turned to Curly, only to see her ogling at the newcomer as well. Who the hell...?

Daaaaaaaamnnn!!!!!
It's him!!!!
No wonder everyone was staring that intently.
It was Greek God guy.
He casually walked to an empty desk next to the window, ignoring the simpering looks of the girls and the jealous stares of the boys.
The more I looked at him, the more mesmerized I became. I was absolutely speechless. And trust me, that does NOT happen to me often.

Everyone was so busy staring at the mystery guy, no one even noticed the teacher enter.
He had to bang his books on his desk twice to get our attention.
Slightly flustered, he announced, "Today we have two newcomers. First, we have Kiara Carlyle. Miss Carlyle, could you introduce yourself please?"
I stood up and cleared my throat, "Well, as Mr Teacher said, my first name is Kiara and my last name is Carlyle. I've just moved into Oakwood." I looked at the teacher quizzically, "Do I say something else?"
He raised his eyes to the heavens as all the kids smirked, "Tell us about yourself, Kiara"
I made a horrified expression, "Mr Teacher, my mom has always warned me against telling strangers about myself! And I've already told everyone my name. What will my mom say?"
The poor man wiped his forehead exasperatedly as the class burst into peals of laughter.
I quickly sneaked a look at mystery guy. He was looking pretty amused at my words and had the tiniest of smiles on his flawless face.
The teacher motioned for me to sit down and looked at his register, "All right, the other newcomer is Cassian Montez. Mr Montez, please introduce yourself properly."
I grinned at Curly at the last word as she tried to muffle her giggles.
Cassian. So that was his name.
He stood up and tilted his head. That one move was enough to make all the girls swoon, "Hey everyone. My name is Cassian Montez and I moved into this town a couple of days ago." His voice! My god, it was deep and rich and made my bones melt to the ground.
Ew.. I sound like such a groupie. First time in my life!
He continued in that bone melting voice of his (Again! Whats wrong with me today?!), "I like challenges and I don't really warm up to people who appear weak or safesiders."
Huh?
What does he mean he doesn't like weaklings?
That sounded suspiciously like me. He had a really scary expression on his face. However, it made him look even hotter, so I'm not complaining!
Mr Teacher nervously twisted his hands together and stuttered, "W-well said Mr Montez. Please s-sit down."

As he sat, he glanced in my direction and winked.
That one small, trivial move made my insides do cartwheels. Why does he affect me so much?

Unknown POV:
Well said, darling, well said!
Her sarcastic comments sent my mind into a frenzy. That voice! Sharp and lazy. Humorous and serious. All at the same time.
Her beauty was unparalleled. Soft, light brown hair framed her unforgettable face. I longed to run my fingers through her silken locks. I seemed to lose myself in those beautiful greenish brown eyes. Pouty pink lips were always ready to smile sarcastically or settle into a straight line when she was annoyed. Her milky white skin looked so soft and inviting....
At first glance, none would have guessed that she was such a little spitfire.
Don't worry darling, I have plenty of lovely surprises planned for you!