A Task For My Friend

Start from the beginning

It was no secret that Orcus was furious at the entire pack due to the stubborn nature of Einar. To make matters worse Callan had not reached out to the wolf since the time he knew about the truth. In reality it was both Einar and Callan who were at fault in their own proportions and the repercussions had to be endured by the both of them.

Even if Einar denied it, the truth would never change that both their lives were tied for eternity.

Callan sighed and ran his hands through his hair in frustration "Why are we this way?"

"Hmm..?"

"Us; you and me." he stood from his place in anxiousness "Always fighting. Cant see each other eye to eye sort of thing." Callan in his own trance chose to sit on the bed near the muscular man. "Doesn't it bother you?"

The closeness of the Elemental was affecting Einar as his body had started reacting to him. However he kept his face hard and looked intently at his mate "It does not. No one likes you in the pack Ashton. I am no exception."

Einar's cold and bitter attitude was making it difficult for Callan to help him. He knew that the muscular man was saying things only to provoke him; make him angry. His obstinate nature would not let him to budge from his stand. However Callan realised that this was no time to ridicule him or make him blameworthy. Rather the troubled state of Einar required a consoling shoulder or support of any kind.

Einar was in pain and he needed help.

Callan put aside his anger and sighed a deep breath to relax himself. He smiled "But you want to like me."

Einar's expressions changed as he fumbled with his response "W-What!"

Callan in the very next instant realised what he spoke. He pursed his lip and mentally smacked himself for his uttered words. He reorganised his thoughts and looked at Einar "I-I am a very likeable person." Callan blinked "Trust me."

Callan's contrivances was his way of approaching the man; to reach out to him. However unlike the other times, Einar was finding it difficult to put up with Callan. The agonising days of the past had made his mind heavy. His feeble brain muscles needed rest. "Just go away Ashton."

Einar was hurting and Callan was distressed by looking at the sight of Einar. "I promised Rosaline to keep you company and not let you feel alone."

"Is this the only reason you are here?" Einar hopefully gazed at his mate

Callan was aware of the answer which Einar was expecting but this wasn't the right time to be perfectly honest "Was there something else for which I should be here?" he raised a brow

Einar parted his lips to speak but no concrete words came out from him "No.."

Both the men looked at each other for the longest of the times before Callan sighed in exasperation and looked sideways. The handsome man knew that Einar was ready to walk towards him yet he stayed away. His stubborn self was conflicting his mind in dubiousness while his strong and nonchalant portrayal was making Callan more and more anxious as the days passed by.

It was frustrating.

Callan scowled and accusingly asked Einar "Why cant we be friends?"

"I don't want to be friends with you."

"Why not?"

"I don't owe you an explanation for that. I am your superior."

"You are not the alpha anymore." In the heat of the moment Callan failed to realise how his words could cause the confidence and self worth of the alpha to crumble in pieces. Einar lowered his dejected eyes and sighed while on the other side Callan bit his lips in embarrassment and shame. He apologetically looked at Einar "I am really sorry. It just slipped."