RR5 Into the Flame, 24 Down

“Are you ready to jump Natasha?”

She replied with a simple nod and then told him to jump to tomorrow night. Little Natalia wouldn’t be waking up anytime soon.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Bruce watched with concern as his teammates monitors jumped to life as they went under the anesthesia. The TV screen turned on and the window to the world was open. He, as well as Clint and Thor, watched as they confronted the fire. There wasn’t anything they could do to comfort their favorite red head since they were in the real world. It was up to Tony to take care of her.

Clint was impressed at Tony. He was being sensitive and caring towards Natasha, something he never thought he would see. He was also a little jealous that Tony was the one to accompany her through this event. He watched as Natasha fell to her knees in the cold winter snow, looking longingly towards her once beautiful and happy home. He walked over and squeezed his friend’s hand, trying to comfort her. He knew she couldn’t feel it but it made him feel better all the same.

Thor simply stood quietly and watched the events happen. He didn’t quite understand Earths history or human emotions. He did know for sure though that this was a horrible time for Natasha and he would be there to support her when she woke up. When the little girl was put into the chair, he had to turn away and cover his ears. The screams were so horrible and it scared him that a human being could do this to another human, especially an innocent little girl. He looked over at Clint and Bruce and they were also facing away from the horror on the screen.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The night after the brainwashing, the little girl was finally waking up. She looked around, dazed. Tony noticed that she didn’t look scared, only confused. He watched as she got up and walked over to the door. She called out a simple hello and a few minutes later, Ivan, the doctor, and a few armed men came into the room.

“Hello there little girl, can you tell me your name?” The doctor began the interrogation to see is the brainwashing worked. Ivan looked on with a small grin on his face.

“I, I don’t remember,” she said. “Where am I? What happe-?” Before the girl could finish her sentence, she was sent flying across the room with a smack to the face. Her arm landed in the small fire and she let out a small scream as the flame burned her skin. The doctor glared at Ivan, who had smacked the girl for speaking out of order.

Ivan kept his face straight and watched the girl pull herself up. She walked back over to the men and stayed quiet, this time with a glint of fear and pain in her eyes. He noticed a small trail of blood lead from her lip to the stone floor below, as well as the large burn wound on her arm.

“You will only answer our questions, never ask them. Is that understood?”

Little Natalia looked at the scary man and nodded her head yes.

“Now, doctor, you may continue.”

The doctor looked sympathetically to the girl and continued.

“So you do not know your name?

“No sir.”

“Do you know where you are?”

“No.”

“Do you remember what happened last night?”

“No.”

“Do you have any parents?”

“I don’t know.” When she responded to this, she looked down to her burning arm. She missed the next question. She was fascinated by the blackened skin. When she didn’t answer the question, the doctor saw Ivan moving in to punish the girl for not answering but he blocked him with his arm.