RR36 Ice Kissed

Chapter 36 – Ice Kissed

Natasha woke up the next day still feeling cold to the bone. She saw that Darcy was still sleeping and debated on leaving immediately or waiting to tell her that she was leaving. The red head knew that the girl would want to come but she had no idea what would be waiting for them down the road.

Making up her mind, she quietly slipped through the door back to her room and tip toed around the mess she and Bucky had made. She cursed when her sore leg brushed the side of the bed but noticed that no blood had soaked through the bandages. At least she wouldn't have to worry about that anymore.

Quietly opening her closet door, she grabbed her pack and shoved a few guns and some supplies into it. She then made her way to the dresser and grabbed the necessities. She glimpsed her reflection in the mirror and was surprised to see a light in her eyes. Maybe this is what I've needed all along... She smiled at the woman staring back at her and watched the image shiver.

Damn was she still cold. She really wanted to get the hell out of there but thought that maybe a quick shower would do her some good. Not wanting to risk Darcy waking up to the noise, she adjusted her backpack and headed to the training room to shower. Making her way down the elevator and though the quiet halls, she couldn't help but wonder if her life would ever be the same. She had no idea what she would find once she got to Russia and how it could affect her. She knew Ksenia was gone, but would visiting her grave really change anything for her?

Natasha made it to her destination and let her bag fall to the ground. She crossed her arms and sighed. She couldn't believe that she had done the things she had. Yeah, it wasn't really her, but that used to be her. Banner was still in critical care, they had him in a kind of stasis to try and keep the Hulk quiet. If the Hulk came out, Bruce wouldn't be able to handle the pain. Natasha was put on strict orders to stay away just in case the beast got angry enough to come out and play. It killed her that she couldn't even go and apologize.

Trying to get the thought out of her head, she turned towards the showers and then saw the spot where she had almost ended Captain America. Damn it Nat, get it together! She shook her head to clear her mind and exhaled, releasing a cloud of condensation into the air. That wasn't normal...

"Lady Natasha! I didn't believe you smoked!" Natasha whipped around and was met by the large body of Thor. When he didn't see any sort of cigarette, he put a hand on the side of her face and was shocked by how icy she felt. Natasha was also shocked by how cold she was in the warm room.

Before she could speak, she could have sworn she heard him mumble something along the lines of Fimbulvetr. "Thor, what's going on?" she asked in a quiet voice. Now she was sure that the blast Loki hit her with did something.

"I have not seen this before, perhaps it will just take a few days for the magics to dissipate? I am sure it's nothing more."

She didn't look convinced. "Then what does "Fimbulvetr" mean?" she asked the god.

"It is... It is just something from the stories our mothers told us if we misbehaved, the winter of winters. It just reminded me of something, that is all. Too many coincidences have been occurring."

Natasha brushed it off, more pressing matters clouded her mind than old children's stories. "Thor, is Lady Sif already in Russia? I didn't expect you to have reached her so soon."

Thor sighed and Natasha's heart sank. "I could not reach her with your message, that is why I have returned. I hoped to have reached you before you left, I've been ordered to return back to Asgard as soon as possible. It also seems that Loki 'has escaped from his cell'. It has been crazy back on Asgard."