RR 16 Fury and Fear

The Hulk stood over her with rage in his eyes. She was ready for this. She had no doubt she could take him down. The Hulk started to reach for her. She rolled away into a standing position and prepared to lunge at the monster. She ran at him and at the same time, the Hulk ran to her while roaring at the top of his voice. Deciding on not striking him in that moment since he was faster and had more momentum, she slid between his legs, gaining speed when she slid through her pile of blood that had pooled on the floor from her arm when she had 'tripped'. She hadn't meant to cut herself that deep. The Hulk spun around and when he saw the blood again, it angered him greatly. With the wall to her back, she debated on what to do next. She barely had time to think when the Hulk leaped at her again, slinging a rack of weights out of his way as he did so. They smashed into the wall inches from her head, but left her unfazed.

Right when the beast reached her, she lunged forward and ran up his front, flipping onto his back and grabbing his large neck in one of her deadly chokeholds. Expecting to hear him gasping for breath, she instead heard a deep growl as he struggled, falling into things. It hadn't fazed him. Punches and kicks obviously wouldn't work. He simply reached up with his massive hand and flung her off of his back like she was a pestering fly. She hit the wall again, knocking the breath from her lungs. While trying to get her breath back, the Hulk smashed through everything in his path, demolishing it without spending any energy. She hadn't quite gotten her breath back when the Hulk reached her. He grabbed her by the neck, desperately wanting to crush her windpipe. He was holding back. Either that or Bruce was. Natalia tried to look afraid just in case. As the breath drained from her lungs, she remembered the knife in her boot. With one hand trying to pry his off of her neck, she used the other to reach down and grab the hilt. With lightning fast speed, she drew the knife over the beasts arm in an attempt to make him let go; it didn't work. Not even a scratch. That's when she started to feel afraid and over her head. That had to be why in the videos she held back, she was saving her strength to run and stay out of his grasp. He couldn't be hurt. He roared again in her face in anger and threw her again. This time, she landed upon the gun rack, and she quickly grabbed one while sucking the sweet oxygen back into her body. She unloaded the clip into the monster, hitting every pressure point visible to her with the bullets and again, they had no effect.

At this point, she had started feeling dizzy. The blood loss as well as her oxygen deprived body made her want to pass out, but she had to hang on and keep trying. She was now fighting for her life. She watched in horror as the Hulk grabbed her by her ankle, and started to drag her around. She summoned up some of her energy and leaned forward, trying to cut his Achilles tendon with the knife. He just had to have a weak spot. But he didn't, and the Hulk dropped her and then kicked her into another wall. She was starting to lose her grip on the world. Her cut arm had ripped open even more somewhere in the fight and was bleeding heavily. Just as the Hulk was about to finish her off, she saw the door to the training room slide open and her fellow teammates pour in.

Steve and Clint were in the kitchen as Steve was making lunch. Thor just walked in with Darcy and Jane following. "What smells so good my friends?" he had asked. Clint rolled his eyes. Thor was always hungry. "Cap is making Spaghetti, one of his famous recipes," he replied.

They seated themselves around the counter and watched Steve work. Steve was an amazing cook. Tony then walked in, drawn from his lab by the smells of the marinara sauce. "Hmmmm smells like heaven in here," he exclaimed as he took as seat on the other side of Clint. Steve then turned around and saw a multitude of faces watching him. He laughed to himself, glad he could help out. Darcy then noticed something in the oven and jumped up to investigate. Upon closer inspection, she saw that it was cookies. "Cookies!" she yelled as she sat on the floor to watch them bake. As they chatted, Darcy felt the floor rumble. "Did you guys feel that?" she asked the gang. Looking at her questionly, they all said "no." She then layed on the floor and everyone looked at her like she was crazy. The floor rumbled again, and she jumped up in surprise. "There it is again! Either we are having an earthquake, or something weird is going on." Tony looked at her in concern and said, "Darcy, when was the last time you slept? You've been pretty sick." She was hurt no one believed her. "Okay people, on the floor, now!" she yelled. Not willing to face the wrath of a very pissed off Darcy, they all got on the floor. It was actually quite funny and Tony was giggling to himself. They all pressed their ears to the floor. After a few moments of nothing happening, Clint popped up exclaiming that this was ridiculous. Then out of nowhere, they felt the floor rumble and also heard a deafening roar resonate through the building. Clint even heard it. "Guys," he said, "where is Bruce?"