RR6 Trapped and Connected

Chapter 6

"Bruce! Get us out of here! NOW!" He felt a tingling as they began to fade from the dream world. He looked back through the door and saw that the room was red with blood and the girls were still fighting. She couldn't possibly kill them all, could she?

The test had begun.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"Clint, calm down," Bruce said. They had just witnessed on the screen little Natalia kill the other girl who had asked about her burns.

"I can't Bruce, you do realize that this is her first kill right? This is probably with her all the time. Didn't you see it in her eyes?!" His fist slammed into a nearby table. "She didn't want to do it but she didn't want to be punished either."

Bruce understood where he was coming from. He wanted to get mad too, but he couldn't let himself. The other guy wouldn't hesitate to come out. Clint was shaking from anger. Bruce looked over to the body monitors and noticed that Natasha's heart rate was starting to increase. It could be the stress, he thought.

"He is right my friend," Thor said. "They would have most likely have doused her arm with kerosene and lit it on fire like last time. Or maybe put out their smelly light sticks...cigars I presume, on her bare skin again. The possibilities are endless!"

Bruce processed this and glanced at the TV monitor again. There was something big happening.

"Oh my God, wh- what's she doing?" Clint had been watching the whole time and saw Natasha collapse and little Natalia go back into the room with Ivan behind her. Natasha's heart monitor was now jumping off the charts and Bruce ran to her side. He glanced up at the screen also and saw Natalia on a killing spree. He turned his attention back to the unconscious red head lying before him and ran through a list of things he needed to do, the first being to try and stabilize her.

Thor was frozen in fear for his friend. He watched as the little girl twirled and flipped, all the while landing killing blows on her victims with tears streaming from her eyes. She was provided with a small knife and blood was flying everywhere. She darted between one of the girls legs and cut into a tendon, causing her to fall down in pain. Natalia turned and brought the knife into her heart and Thor could have sworn he saw her lips form the words I'm sorry. She slashed and slashed until she was covered in blood and was the last one standing. Thor couldn't believe what had just happened. Then he watched as the little girl collapsed in exhaustion, her head hitting the floor and knocking her unconscious. He then heard a commotion on the other side of the room.

"Thor! We need you over here!" He looked to his friends and saw them trying to hold Natasha down. Her body was violently thrashing and they were trying to strap her down in order to keep her from hurting herself. He looked at the screen one last time and saw Tony call out to Bruce to pull them out of there.

"Bruce, the man of Iron has requested that you remove them from there."

"I already have, now come help me!"

Just then, Natasha's heart rate flat lined. Her thrashing body fell back limply and her head rolled to the side. A small stream of blood ran from her nose and she wasn't moving.

"Clint!" Bruce shouted, "Start CPR now!" Bruce then ran to the other side of the room, past the still frozen Thor, and grabbed the crash cart. He wheeled it over and placed the paddles to her heart and chest.

Tony watched from his paralyzed body. He couldn't move yet because of the drugs but he could see his friend dying. He put her through all of this just to satisfy his curiosity and now she was paying the price. He saw Bruce trying his hardest to bring his dear teammate back.