RR27 Adrenaline

Not even 5 minutes after Loki left, another guard entered the cave and found Natalia. He immediately exited and fired three shots into the air to alert the rest of his team. Within a few minutes, there were three of them gathered around the entrance.

"Here's the plan, she looked pretty knocked out in there, I think we can just tie her up and carry her to the truck." The lead guard was trying to think of a way to get the assassin out of there. She looked beat to hell and she didn't even look at him when he entered the first time.

"Sounds good boss, but no lethal force right?"

"Exactly. I don't know if she had the baby or not, but if it didn't make it, Natalia is our top priority. Ivan wants her back alive no matter what. You all got that?"

The team shook their heads and hurried into the cave. All three of them rushed her at once and she didn't even fight back. They tied her hands and feet together and left her on the floor of the cave for a moment in bewilderment.

"Uhhh boss, she didn't fight back and we aren't dead yet. Is she even still alive?"

"Of course she's alive, she's the Black Widow!"

The guard that spoke leaned to the ground to assess the situation. He took off his glove and placed his fingers at her neck.

"Shit, her pulse is weak, I could barely feel it. Dr. Andrei is dead meat now if he did this to her. He could never handle a gun and he wanted that baby more than Ivan."

"She's still pregnant?"

The guard, feeling more at ease in the assassin's presence, undid her bulky shirt and the teams faces turned white.

"Fuck! Andrei cut it out of her! He must have ran off with it. She looks bad, we need to get her out of here."

The lead guard bent down and picked up the bloodied and unconscious girl. He carried her bridal style and she didn't even stir. Another guard took off his top coat and tucked it around her.

"Rafe, go try and find the truck to bring it closer. This blizzard is getting worse."

"Got it boss." With that, he hurried off.

"Mikhail, take the lead and make sure we don't walk over any cliffs."

"Yes sir." Mikhail took the lead and Adrik, the team leader followed with Natalia in his arms.

About 10 hard minutes into the walk, Adrik felt really warm. He was confused since Natalia was ice cold, as well as he.

"What the hell? Mikhail, wait up for a moment." Adrik lowered the woman to the ground as his partner met them.

"Damn it she's bleeding out! Give me your coat Mik!"

The front of Adrik's shirt was coated with wet red blood. Natalia's wounds would no longer heal in her weakened state and they had opened up again. Adrik grabbed the coat and ripped it into long strips. Mikhail helped him tie them around her wounds in an attempt to get the bleeding to stop.

"Is she still breathing?"

"Yea, barely. Where is Rafe with the truck!?"

"I think it's close, come on, we got get her to the warmth. If she dies, we die."

Within 10 more minutes of trudging through the snow, they saw the truck lights heading for them. Mikhail lit a flare to alert Rafe to their presence and the truck drove faster.

When they got her into the back of the truck, they threw blankets on her and surrounded her with warmed canteens of water. She showed no improvement and it started to worry the men. The weird flash of green light outside the truck worried them also, but they found nothing upon investigation.