RR 54 Something Worth Fighting For

Natasha thought that she would have been given a small break from what she went through in the isolation room, but she was wrong. The small bag of supplies that she had been given was a false sense of security, which she realized not even an hour later when a guard came into her cell. He looked her over and scowled that she needed to change into the clothes that were brought to her. Natasha gave him a look that was meant to say, 'make me,' and he promptly left the room. He returned a minute later with a bucket of water and unexpectedly tossed it on her. "Either freeze to death in those wet rags you are wearing or change...now," he demanded. Having little choice, she did as she was told when he left the room. Just as before, he returned again shortly after with several other guards this time. She was brought back to the room that she had woken up in after she had been captured and was chained up just like the other day. Fighting back against the guards proved to do little, especially when they had tasers. She stopped fighting and saved her strength for whatever Yuri had in store for her next.

The cold of the room she could handle, it was the waiting that was driving her crazy. The guards left her there after placing a cuff around each wrist and left the door wide open. She tried to slip free but she knew it would be no use, the open door taunted her escape and made her mad. The room looked exactly the same as before, her dried blood still coating the floor beneath her feet.

"Uggh, gross," she complained and then threw her head back in frustration.

"Gross?" a man's voice questioned from the open doorway. He smiled when she snapped to attention and analyzed him.

"Yuri," she stated though there was so much more that she wanted to say. She was almost afraid to, any small bit of information could be used against her and she had to keep her friends, and Thea, safe.

"Hello there dear sister, could I call you that? I mean we both called the same man, father. And that was before you took him from me."

Natasha watched as he entered the room and circled her like trapped prey. Calling her sister infuriated every fiber of her being, but she forced her stare to remain blank. She wouldn't even give him the satisfaction of a twitch to indicate that she was pissed. She would give this man nothing.

"So tell me, Natasha, what in the world had you following Miss Thea Grekov? Could she possibly mean something to you?"

Yuri stopped right in front of her and she forced herself to remain calm. She had the perfect shot to injure him somehow, but would her doing that give him some sort of idea? Thinking it would, she focused on some imaginary object behind him and completely ignored him.

"I see how you're going to play this," Yuri sighed. "I have all the time in the world to get what I want. I'm going to take this to the next phase but I need your cooperation. For one..." he trailed as he pressed his hand against her injured shoulder, "I want to know why your healing rate has slowed."

To be honest, Natasha wanted to know as well, but she wasn't going to let Yuri know that she knew just as much as he did. She forced away a shudder as his hands then trailed across her body, finding the cuts she had to make in the isolation room to keep her mind sharp. They found the bullet wounds, still raw but healing slightly more than the average human.

"Would you like to tell me?"

She wanted to smile when his brow furrowed in frustration, but she kept her face straight and just let him keep talking.

"Fine, don't tell me. I'm just curious because the serum levels are reading as the exact same as they day you were first injected."

Natasha had to bite her tongue to keep from looking at him in wonder, she didn't know that.