RR41 Feather White

By the time she finished, she had shed a tear and everyone was looking at the sheet where it had fallen; it was ice.

Everyone stared at the frozen teardrop on the bed until it melted, leaving behind a small wet spot in its wake.

"Fascinating," said Jemma before she went into her scientific mode. "I suppose we should run some tests to see what is going on in your system, but I don't have anything that we would need here with me. And I don't think you would be willing to come back with me to my lab either since everyone is trying to track you down."

Natasha tried to weigh her options, she couldn't leave just yet. "I can't leave, I still haven't found what I'm looking for. But take Bobbi with you, I'll be damned if something happens to her because of me. She saved my life and this is how I repay her?"

"Natasha, I think it would be better for you to go too," Darcy said. "Maybe we can try and sneak in or something, just run a few tests and get out of there before anyone finds out."

Skye let out a short scoff. "This is SHIELD we are talking about. They would find out and we would be in big trouble. Besides, I set up the security system and I don't mean to brag but its damn good. I even put in a failsafe incase, well, incase Ward and his scary henchmen people ever got to me. That being said, I can't override it without all of SHIELD being alerted."

"Just take Bobbi," Natasha began, "they don't even know she was with me, do they?"

Skye shook her head no and then a new voice chimed in.

"The hell you are! I'm not going anywhere."

"Barbie!" Darcy squealed and received a glare from the hurt blonde.

"Stop calling me that. And I'll be fine you guys. If Natasha has lasted this long with her...cold... or whatever, I'll be fine for a while. Besides, I'm already invested in this mission...even though I still don't know what it's all about."

Skye and Jemma looked confused before Jemma tried talking some sense into her. "Bobbi, we have no idea what Natasha's blood did to you or if you will experience any of the effects she has been feeling. I would feel immensely better if you came back with us. Besides, we can just tell everyone we got an SOS from you while you were on 'vacation'."

"Bobbi I'm so sorry," Natasha butted in, "I didn't even think..."

Bobbi smiled a weak smile at her. "It's okay, really. I'm assuming you were the only match so there really was no choice. Besides, I'm alive, aren't I?"

"You have no idea how lucky you are Agent Morse," Jemma said in all seriousness. "That was a major surgery, and I performed in in a less than sterile environment with little equipment and with no idea of what I was walking into."

"Jemma you rock," Darcy said in amazement. "I don't know of anyone who would or even could have done this.

"Don't make this a habit you guys, please?" Jemma half pleaded with a proud smile on her blushing face.

"So," Bobbi began, "what's the damage doc?"

"Well, you must have had a small tear when you got hit last week. Whatever you did last night caused it to tear more and I had to find it and then attempt to stitch it up. That was more blood than I was expecting though, but I think I got it all. I brought some meds that will keep infection away as well as a few painkillers, you have a pretty nasty incision" As she was talking, she gently started to remove the bandaging from the blonde's tone stomach to check for any infection. "I didn't count the stitches but I would say around 15 or so. Do NOT move from this bed unless you absolutely have to for the next...few...days." Jemma's lecture trailed off as she removed the last layer of gauze. She bent down to look at the incision more closely with confusion across her face.