RR51 Revelations

"What do you mean 'you buried me'?" Thea asked in confusion before pushing away from the man.

"Please forgive me for scaring you, I never meant to harm the child. Allow me to introduce myself; I'm Loki."

Thea backed further away and handed Juliette to Luka before placing herself in front of them protectively. "You never answered my question, what did you mean by that comment?"

Loki was at a loss for what to say. After following Natasha and her team around the past week and learning what they knew, and then discovering her... From what he's seen, Natasha has no idea who this girl was, and the girl seemed to have no idea who Natasha was.

"It means what I said, child. You died the night you were born. Your mother and I tried so..." he cut off as he was choked with emotion. "We tried so hard to save you, Ksenia, but you were just so tiny."

"You knew my mother?" Thea asked stepping closer to the man in fascination of both the information and the name he had just called her.

"Thea..." Luka warned before Loki continued.

"In time," Loki said as he made up his mind. It wasn't safe for her to know yet, she could become reckless with the information, Natasha as well. With Project Echo after them, they all needed clear heads to keep each other safe. He wasn't sure if they knew the connections yet, and with the discovery of Juliette, the game became extremely more dangerous.

"Does this Project Echo know about your daughter?" he asked as he looked at the spitting image of what Ksenia looked like.

"No," she answered quickly before becoming fearful. "You won't tell them, will you?"

Loki then looked horrified. "Of course not! If they knew of her legacy, then this wretched cycle would never end."

"What cycle?" Luka asked this time.

"I don't want to say too much," he said looking back to Thea, "but you were...taken... from your mother too early so they could run their experiments on you. From what I've seen, you are just like your mother and if your daughter is anything like you, who knows what they would do to her. The link between you and your mother I fear is the reason Echo is after you."

"What do you mean link?" she asked, desperate for any information.

Loki shook his head, "I cant say anymore until I know for sure, I have to look into this more and gods I hope I am wrong."

Just then, he got an awful feeling about his brother, Thor. It hit him in his gut and he knew something was wrong.

"I've got to go, but I need you to do me a favor first. I need you to give the flash drive to my friends, they may be able to use some of the information to help you." He knew that the information would eventually lead them to the truth, but first and foremost it would help them understand why Project Echo was after Thea and lead then to help her.

"I don't know...who are your friends?" she asked skeptically.

"I believe you have already met. Natasha Romanoff and her team could be a great asset to your cause..." he started as he got ready to apparate.

"No!" Thea all but yelled. "My father warned me against her, she is bad news and there is no way I would ever trust her with this information."

Loki then appeared in front of her, almost magically and stared into her bright eyes. "Do you trust me?"

She had stories about him, how he almost destroyed New York. There was something else though, there was a look that she always saw when Anatoli would look at her, like a father's love. He disappeared then, and it left her with a sense of trust as well as more confusion.