RR13 Painful Awakening

Chapter 13 – Painful Awakening

Who the hell is Natasha?" she thought.

She lay there, unable to move or open her eyes but she can hear voices. They were unfamiliar and she tried to remember what had happened. As she listened, she heard only one familiar voice, Loki.

Loki was beyond relieved when the experiment worked. The avengers looked at him with a little more respect and a little less distrust. Thor gave him a slap to the back and pulled him into a hug. He always tried to think of the best with Loki and it always hurt a little when he let him down.

"Well, I'm glad that worked," he said. Clint even gave him a small smile and Tony was looking extremely relieved.

Bruce fretted over her vitals and happily told everyone that she was fine. Steve was also happy but still a little worried about how her demeanor would be since all of that would be fresh in her memory when she tried so hard and even forced to forget most of it. As they celebrated, two new people entered the lab. The moment they walked in, they were shocked at what they saw.

The two girls were not expecting to see what they just did. They opened the door, expecting to see Bruce and Tony hard at work on some new invention, but instead, well, they could barely process it. The famous Captain America had a worried but happy expression on his face as he was bro hugging the deadly archer, Clint, aka Hawkeye. They then noticed a very happy Tony standing over a surgical table with a very beat up, unconscious, and bloodied Natasha, the most deadly of all assassins in their opinion. Then out of nowhere Thor appeared and scooped the two confused women up in a giant hug. Still shocked, they didn't hug back and Thor placed them back on the ground. Their eyes then found the god of mischief standing to their right, out of the way of the Avengers but he scared them. Then out of nowhere, Loki dropped to the floor and started twitching violently, as the rest of the Avengers burst into laughter.

"What!? He destroyed our town in New Mexico! And your city! He tried to kill you Thor! And need I mention the horde of aliens he let in!"

The Avengers were still laughing and celebrating as Thor reassured them and helped Loki back to his feet.

"Darcy," he said. "Put the taser away. We have asked him to come here and help. He is on our side." He gave Loki a look like "you better " as he said this.

"Jane, just give me the word boss, and ill drop this mother fucker again," Darcy said as she wielded the taser for a second shot, this time aimed at Loki's groin area. Being smart, Loki didn't say a word. Thor stepped in front of him and asked Jane and Darcy to speak with him in the hallway so Loki's presence wouldn't upset them. He grabbed his girlfriend's hand and picked up Darcy who still wouldn't move from her position.

"Put me down muscle man! On second thought, hold me longer. It's not every day you get swept off your feet by a sexy muscular god."

Jane gave Darcy a warning look when Thor put her back down.

Thor, happy at seeing the duo, asked what they were doing here.

Jane answered after a long drawn out kiss, and Darcy rolling her eyes at the lovebirds. "We were in town for some research and thought we would stop by. What the hell is going on here?"

Thor explained to them outside of the lab and they were shocked and concerned. They decided to stay for a while since they were done with their project and weren't due to start their next one for a few weeks. They felt bad about what Natasha had gone through and were pissed at Tony. Then they felt bad for him when Thor explained how sorry and upset the whole ordeal was for him. He also had to tell them that him and Tony had broken into the Asgardian prison and busted Loki out, since he had information they didn't on the crystal. Also, he explained to them that they had known each other when Natasha was in Red Room and that they had just found out as well. This didn't wave away their distrust of the god of mischief, but it eased their tension some. He explained everything, the shorter version of course. When Thor thought Darcy wouldn't taser anyone again, he allowed them back into the lab.