RR2 Fire and Fear

The next day, Tony was not at breakfast. Everyone wondered where he was since he never missed a chance to stuff his face.

"Tash? You didn't do anything to Tony did you?" Clint was genuinely worried that she did something to him in another bout of revenge,

"Relax, I haven't seen him since yesterday morning. Besides, it peaceful without him here."

"May I have his breakfast then my friends?" Thor was taking advantage of the extra food since Tony was MIA. He reached over to grab the plate before he got an answer and his hand was smacked away.

"No you don't big man," Bruce said. "I'll bring it down to him. He's probably in his lab." Bruce got the extra plate and journeyed to Tony's lab. When he reached the door, he found it locked, the door was never locked. He then knocked and waited for an answer.

"Who is- ow! Who is it?" Bruce heard a crash as if something had fallen.

"It's Bruce, Tony. Open up."

"I can't do that right now, I'm busy. No one can bother me until I get this project finished. No one, not even Fury himself can pull me away from this. Go away."

Bruce heard another crash followed by swear words from Tony before he said. "I have your breakfast Tony, what can possibly be so import..." The door had suddenly opened with a sweaty Tony standing in front of him.

"Food!" He grabbed the plate and then slammed the door shut once again, but not before Bruce saw a strange machine in the works.

When he starts a project, he doesn't stop for anything...except for food apparently.

The weeks then passed and the team saw very little of Tony. Steve was still on a mission and Tony, Clint, and Natasha were working together on a case. The only time Tony would make an appearance was when they got a lead and had to go out in the field. Today, Fury had sent Natasha, Tony and Clint to a place in downtown where suspected arms dealers were preparing for a big sale. The case could be handled by regular officers but the word was that they had a device that could make a person immobile while chaos ensued around them, making it easy for the dealers, or anyone in possession of the weapon, to escape. If this weapon got into the wrong hands, there would be no telling what would happen.

The team arrived at a warehouse and immediately spread out. Tony in his Iron Man suit made his way to the roof while Natasha and Clint snuck in through a window.

Clint immediately went left and Natasha went right when they got into the warehouse. They could almost read each other's minds when they worked together. They were close and Clint was the only one who knew some of Natasha's past. The little he know did not affect the way he saw her as a partner; everyone had demons.

"Tony," Natasha said as she communicated through her earpiece. "There's no one here yet. How's it look from your position?" Natasha immediately let her senses roam as she tried to locate any other living being in the room. There was no one on the floor.

"Incoming. Three trucks just made their way through the back entrance. They should be there in three, two, one." Tony was keeping look out on the roof when he spotted the trucks moving their way to a gate. He relayed the info to Natasha and Clint before making his way down through a hatch on the roof to get a better look as to what was happening inside.

He could not see Natasha at all but he saw Clint. "Clint, your ass is hanging out. They are going to spot you in a heartbeat."

Clint peeked up and glared at him before pulling himself further into hiding. A moment later, the trucks pulled into the warehouse and men jumped out.