RR9 The Blind See

RR9

After saying goodbye to the other Avengers, Tony and Thor started their journey to Asgard. When they got to the portal site, they went over the plan again.

"You're sure your father in in Odinsleep?" Tony asked. Odinsleep is the one time a year that Odin sleeps in order to regain the strength he needs in order to keep his realm safe.

"I am certain my friend. Heimdall will know what we are doing though. He is all seeing. If he lets us pass, then we know we will succeed in bringing Loki back to the prison. He would not let us pass if we were to fail." Thor sounded confident that the Asgardian sentry would let them pass.

Tony was a bit skeptical but trusted Thors judgment. "Well alright then, lead the way. This outfit is ridiculous enough."

Thor laughed at Tony's new outfit. He had his iron man suit on but without the hand pieces so that he would look more god like. He had on raised boots over his suit in order to make him taller, and he was wearing a red and gold cloak to hide his suit. He could almost pass as a god if you squinted hard enough.

Thor called to Heimdall and the portal opened almost immediately, a promising sign. The two stepped in and all Tony had to do to keep from getting sick is closing his eyes and picturing Natasha lying on that table back in his lab, scared and broken. This mental image gave him the strength and determination to go through with the journey to another realm.

When he opened his eyes, he was amazed to see all of the gold and rainbow colors before him. His eyes followed the colorful Bifrost bridge all the way to the palace on the other side. Then all of a sudden, a large figure appeared before him. It was Heimdall.

Thor cautiously chose his words to speak to the guardian. "Heimdall, my friend. You know what we are to do. We are running out of time and we need him. Allow us to bring Loki back with us with my word of returning him. In our haste, no one will know that he is missing."

Heimdall said nothing. Instead, he stared at the two before him before giving a sigh and nodding his head.

"Thank you my friend," Thor said happily. Tony and Thor went to move on until Heimdalls giant hand stopped Tony. Tony looked up at the large man with a bit of fear in his eyes. For the first time, Heimdall spoke.

"I am only allowing this because she is the key to unlock the part in him which is good."

Tony didn't understand. Before he could question the god, he had already turned and went back to his post. Tony just shook his head and caught up to Thor on the Bifrost.

"What did he say my iron friend?"

"Nothing, let's go." Tony was so confused but he had to put that out of his mind and continue with the mission.

When they got to the other side of the Bifrost, Tony followed Thor through the hallways and only when they started to go down did Tony speak.

"So are we just going to walk into the prison and grab a key, unlock Loki's door, and walk out? This is Asgard, I imagined horrible creatures and fighting and loud noises.

Thor laughed to himself. "There is nothing we can't handle my friend. We are AVENGERS!" His voice boomed down the hallways.

"Thor, buddy, no one can know we are here, sooooo wanna keep it down?"

"Oh yeah, it's just that my dear brother and I would hold contests to see who could be louder. I got carried away, it won't happen again." Thor looked a little sad. He missed the days of him and Loki roaming the palace together and just having fun.

The two continued down the winding halls to the prison. The gleaming gold walls turned to stone and the light was dimmer. It had a foul smell and the mood turned solemn.