Chapter 90

Asher's POV

I rush to the room the woman told me behind the desk, I open the door and it creaks. I see Ace sitting by the bedside as he holds my sisters hand. She has a tube down her throat helping her breathe, she looks so...lifeless. That's the only thing I noticed since Ace's head is blocking my view. A cold wave overtakes my body and my eyes burn. Ace's head turns to me slowly and I immediately walk back out, I can't fucking do this. I can't lose my sister too, I can't watch her body lifeless on the white bed, I can't...I pace the hall tugging at the roots of my hair, I can't control the tears that are flowing. I don't have control over my entire body, I never thought I would see my sister laying in a hospital bed as she struggles to breathe, she hasn't even woken up yet from the accident and that scares the shit out of me. I can't become an uncle and lose my sister at the same time because that means I won't get to see Cam raising her baby that she badly wanted. 

I hear movement behind and I know Ace has followed me into this dull hall that would put anyone into depression. "I can't lose her too, she's the only family I have left!" 

"She isn't the only family, you have a niece but...she isn't going anywhere" 

"How can you be so sure?", was he not in that room seeing Camila on the bed? "I can't lose her, Ace", I repeat. 

"Me either", his voice cracks. I can he's been crying and he's probably just woken up since he's wearing that ugly hospital looking ropes. 

He hugs me tightly as I sob on his shoulder, just when I'm finally getting happy with the girl I love something terrible happens. Shit...it finally dawns on me, I'm an uncle, I have a niece. I pull out of his embrace, "I have a niece huh?", he nods with a small smile. 

"Asher!", I hear a voice I never wanted to hear again in my life. Ace and I peer down the hall to see Ken marching towards us. He's wearing a suit that screams I have plenty of money. 

"What the fuck are you doing here?", I shout and wipe my eyes, my tears now gone as my body jolts with anger. I didn't tell him about Cam so who fucking did?

"I'm here for you and your sister" 

"She doesn't want you here", Ace says and I definitely don't want him here either.

"You don't know what she wants!", he raises his voice at Ace.

"Yeah he does, what do you want?", I bark back. 

"I'm here to see my daughter and my son, I want to be here for my family", he glances at Ace, "Can you give my son and I a minute, please", Ace looks at me and I give him a small nod, he limps back to Camila room clenching his arm in the cast. 

I look to Ken, "I'm not your son anymore...remember?" 

He huffs, "I'm sorry, you are my son and I was stupid and constantly drunk" 

"Doesn't make everything you've done okay. Camila is in there with a tube down her throat so say whatever you have to say because I want to be there when my sister wakes up" 

"Asher!", Julia says with three starbucks to go coffees. 

"Hold on, baby", I say to her and she nods with a frown before sliding into Camila's room. 

"I know what I did wasn't okay and I regret so many things that I did wrong, I wish I didn't treat you the way I did and I'm sorry what I did to your mother, she deserved so much better" 

"Fed up of you little girlfriend?" 

He sighs looking away for a moment, "I see that you got a girlfriend", he chuckles, "She's gorgeous son, you did a good job"