Chapter 24

As I'm waiting for my coffee I take my phone from my pocket and stare hovering over Julia's name, I scoff to myself shoving it back into my back pocket as I try think of something else, anything at all

The lady behind the counter hands me my black coffee and I head back up to Camila's room. I can't believe she was pregnant and I didn't answer her phone call, I feel like utter shit knowing my sister was in pain and I wasn't by her side to help her. She was all alone and I know that feeling, it's the worst.

I open the door and my eyes dart to Cam crying on the bed, her eyes puffy and bloodshot. My eyes drift to Ace, is he crying? Why the fuck would he be crying?

"What's going on?" I ask continuing to look between Cam and Ace, he wipes his face with his sleeve looking at me in what looks like fear and guilt.

"I told him about losing the baby" She quietly says when I look back to her.

"Oh" I nod sitting on the chair beside the bed looking down at the to go cup in my hand. I feel like there is something they aren't tell me, it's deep in gut that something isn't right and it's making me feel uneasy, I can feel the tension in the room and I have no idea why there would be any tension. Especially between Ace and Cam.

"Ace was just leaving" Her voice cracks as she holds back the tears.

"Where you going?" I ask. He just got here, I need him here for when my parents arrive.

"I erm..ma called I have to go" He walks out like it's an emergency.

I understand if his mother called and she needs him but it's all so weird. Him and Cam crying, I understand her crying because she just lost this little magical thing but Ace? Maybe he just got emotional from her cries..right? What else could it be? I know he has a hard time and tries to hide it and maybe that's why he is never around anymore. I should maybe talk to him and see if he's okay, I'll talk to him when I can but for now I'm here for Cam.

"You okay?" I ask her with a soft tone.

"Yeah" she sighs wiping under her eyes with the pads of her fingers.

It's been around an hour and I'm getting another coffee and some food for Camila after smoking a cigarette which I badly needed. As I'm walking down the hall to Cam's room I hear my father's voice filled with rage that makes me want to shrivel back into a corner.

"Don't Ken me. Our little girl was pregnant, she's eighteen for fuck sake! Who was the father then?"

I open the door seeing Cam's eyes brimming with tears as she sits on the bed, my mother by her side not looking happy at all. Before I can think my own rage gets the best of me and I no longer feel the need to stay quiet and be scared, "Ken, shut the fuck up. You were shagging an eighteen year old!" I make my presence known, my voice is laced with venom. He immediately shuts up as his jaw clenches, it's clear that he wants to swing for me but we are in a hospital and he is not stupid enough to show that side he hides from everyone but me.