Chapter 26

Asher's POV

Asher's POV

I haven't sold near enough this week or last week so the money I owe Dean is late, he sounded serious over the phone and I know its to do with money that is well overdue. I'll just tell him I've had a rough week with customers and I'm sure he will let me off and still give me my cut, I need that cut for my mother and Camila's Christmas gift. I do badly need a haircut so I might get a haircut before coming back to the apartment to do nothing since my best friend isn't here and my sister is being a skank at the moment, I know it's to do with losing the baby but it is the wrong way to deal with it.

I drink my coffee as I stare into space for ten minutes, I brush my teeth and throw clothes on before I drive to Deans. I sigh after sitting in the car for five minutes to have a cigarette and finally head inside.

I knock on his door loud for him to hear over the loud music through the halls, it smells like weed and mould in this hall. It doesn't look liveable at all. The door opens by one of Dean's little minion fuckers and I walk inside with him right behind me, I can feel the eyes on me as I head to the living room, it is making me feel so uneasy.

I stand in front of the coffee table watching as Dean taps the girls ass and she climbs off him. She walks out the room swaying her hips in her short skirt but it isn't appealing to me at all.

"So Asher" he sits up stabbing his cigarette out in the ashtray.

"I'm sorry about not having the full money in yet but I'll get it, it's just been a rough week with college and Christmas coming up" I won't tell him about what happened to Camila, that's to private.

"Does it look like I give a fuck about college or Christmas?" His tone deep and threatening, I'm not scared of him because I've dealt with loads of shit but I know what he can do...I've seen it, he could make you disappear and no one will give two shits about it...it's like you never existed.

Two guys behind inch closer to me, I glance back seeing their looks of death which makes me think I won't be walking back out here.

I look back to Dean his eyes longing into mine, I have no idea what he is thinking but fire is clear behind his eyes.

I gulp under his gaze feeling the shiver run down my spine, "I will get the money to you...I swear" my voice comes out a little shaky. I'm not entirely scared of what he could do to me, I'm scared of who I'd be leaving.

He kisses his teeth and stands up, his large build visible. You can tell he works out a lot which I do not.

"You have three days Asher to get me the rest"

Three days!

"Dean..." I let out a nervous laugh, "I need more than three days, I only have quarter of the money" I tell him truthfully.

I should've just not went to classes, stupid to think that when Julia saw me going to class she might actually give me what I want...I just want her to think I'm not stupid.