Chapter 78

Asher's POV

It's been a week since Ace's memorial and I'm trying every little thing to keep my mind at ease, I've picked up running again. I wake up bang on six o'clock in the morning to run for an hour as I listen to music...for some reason I've been listening to Led Zeppelin and other bands such as The Beatles and a few others, I've never been interested in those bands before but when I started listening it reminded me of Julia and that has kept my mind of my friend that hasn't been found. I've also been working from home, having zoom calls with co-workers to discuss anything that needs to be done or fixed. I spoke to Ethan the other day for around two hours, he said he misses hanging out with me but I told him I won't be back until I know my sister is doing well. 

This week she has barely moved from the bed in Ace's apartment, the longer he's gone the worse she becomes. I haven't heard from her in two hours, I messaged her and she hasn't replied. I'm currently in the car making my way to Ace's apartment that Camila hasn't left since his memorial. 

I take the elevator to Ace's apartment and knock on the door, when there is no answer I use my own key that Ace had given me the first time I crashed here. The apartment is quiet and I can see dust beginning to lay on top of the surfaces. It's like no one even lives here. I head to Ace's room and when I open the door I see a sleeping Camila tangled in the sheets. 

The room is a mess, clothes everywhere. A couple of chinese containers scattered on the desk and I'm guessing the curtains haven't been opened in a few days. "Camila!", I shake her shoulder and her eyes ping open.

"Why would you waken me!?", she sits up raising her voice. She looks angered as if I've interrupted her glories sleep. She's wearing Ace's yellow t-shirt with a little red rose in the right corner, he loved that t-shirt. 

"It's two pm, Cam. I don't want you sleeping day and night", I state. 

"I don't care!"

"We're having a meal at George and Hannah's so shower" I command, she probably hasn't showered in a few days, i can see she's letting herself go and Ace wouldn't want that. 

"I'm not going" she lays back down pulling the duvet over her body. 

"Yes you are, It's been a week since his memorial. You need to start living again" I pull the duvet off her. He wouldn't want her crying and sleeping all day. He would want her to be happy and move forward, I know he wouldn't want her torturing herself. 

"How can you even say that!? He was you best friend, how can you just be fine that he is gone"

"Because he wouldn't want us laying around crying for him, he'd want us to get on with life and do great things, I fucking miss him too Cam, it isn't only you but I'm trying to stay strong for you! So get up, you are going!" I walk out slamming the door behind me. 

I wait as she showers and changes into clean clothes, she's wearing Ace's plain black t-shirt with black jeans and a pair of black nike trainers, her eyes are puffy like she's been crying. I don't speak on it or act like i notice since It would probably make her cry again. 

"When are you even going back to New York?", she says clearly annoyed at me. 

"When you learn how to live again, lets go", I push her towards the door. 

*

"Camila, hi" Hannah says pulling her into a hug, "Dinner shouldn't be long, Lilly is in the living room if you want to go say hi", She tells Camila where her daughter is since Camila loves Lilly and Henry. 

I head to the kitchen to talk to George as Cam heads into the living room with the kids. The meal Hannah prepared was immaculate and the small talk circled around the table, when Ace's name was mentioned and funny stories were told about him she would tense up staring at her plate, she probably thinks that I didn't notice her sinking deeper and deeper into the chair each time his name was mentioned and I noticed she didn't eat much. Lillian didn't say much just smiled a few times and said only a few words. I know it would be hard losing a son and a husband, It's written on her face that she's heartbroken and I wish I knew what to do to help.