Chapter 20

I lay in my bed staring at my blacked out curtains, light is peeking through the sides giving my childhood room some dull lighting

I lay in my bed staring at my blacked out curtains, light is peeking through the sides giving my childhood room some dull lighting. It's sad to say that I haven't missed it one bit. Growing up here with my dad..has got to be one of the worst things I've experienced.

I have a wardrobe fitted into the wall with a mirror as the door, it's slides back and forth to open and close, It was the best hiding spot. My desk sits beside my door with a monitor and of course my old Xbox which is the Xbox 360, Ace would sit on the beanbag as I would sit in my gaming chair. We'd play hours on end in elementary school especially when his father died, he would hate being home. When we got older I couldn't hack being near my dad so we found this abandoned water tower, we hung out there after high school to get away from everyone and smoke. That's when we discovered marijuana. We do some stupid shit like dare each other to jump off the water tower, Ace actually did it for ten bucks. He said it is the best ten bucks he's ever spent, all he did was spend it on candy and other shit like a porno magazine, I'm guessing the chest of stuff is still there. I'd love to go back and see but I just don't have time.

I roll onto my back listening to my phone ping for about the tenth time, I don't care who it is..I don't want to talk to anyone. I've been feeling like that a lot recently.

The weight on my shoulders and chest is back again and I can barely sleep with the events of tonight. My chest aches and all I want is for it to go away. I didn't take any weed with me, only cigarettes, I huff wiping the duvet off my body and open my curtains and window. I open my window wide before picking my cigarette pack up from my desk and pulling one out, I light it up and walk to the window with it hanging from my mouth. I kneel forward on the windowsill looking out to the morning sky as I smoke my cigarette, the weather is definitely getting colder since it's coming into winter.

I sigh running my hands through my hair that still badly needs cut. What am I actually doing with my life? I'm with a girl I don't love..I've shagged near enough ever girl at college, my family is a mess like me and I have nothing going for me, no interests, no hobbies, nothing at all. The only thing that seems right is my best friend because he's been there for me for years just like I have him.

I haven't seen Cam since she ran up to her room, I've been distancing myself especially after Ace left to go to his mums. I did check on my mum though, I could her the heartbreak in her voice as she spoke to me through bedroom door which was locked. You could tell instantly that she was crying. She wanted to be left alone so I did just that and gave her space.

I flick my cigarette out the window and close the window, I head to cam's room down the hall and knock lightly before peeking my head through as I creaked it open. She sits up on her bed, her bedside lamp on giving me full view of her red face from her now dried up tears.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you" my voice strained and sore from my shouting but I continue, "I was just trying to protect you.." I sigh thinking I sound stupid.