Chapter 71

2 Year later

"He laughed as a dart was stuck in my arm!" Keith points at me laughing as he tells the rest of our coworkers and Ethan about an incident that happened while fucking around in the break room, a dart board with two couches and a tv is in there along with a small kitchen. It's a good place to hang around and to get a break from work. 

"It was your idea to take darts to the next level and throw it at each other as we stood against the wall" I burst out in laughter remembering it sticking in his arm as he yelled for me to take it out, he exaggerated, I was the one that got it stuck in my neck and my ass...he has bad aim, "You're lucky, I was aiming for your balls" 

He tuts, "I stuck it in his ass" Keith says.

"Sorry to tell you Keith but I don't roll that way but I don't judge if you do" 

Ethan burst out laughing spitting his beer over the table, "That's not what i meant...baby" Keith teases. 

"Oh, here's Jack" Ethan points to a drunken Jack walking to the table, he sits down with a smirk, his air ruffles and his cheeks flushed.

"I just had sex in a car" 

"With who?" Ethan narrows his eyes. 

"I don't kiss and tell, boys" 

We all laugh, "You just told us you had sex" I state. 

"Yeah but I won't tell you who"

I roll my eyes, "I'm away to get a soda, do you guys want a round of beers?" 

"Yeah, get a big jug" Jack says and I shake my head walking away towards the bar. 

"Can I please get a soda and one of them jugs of beer for the table?" I say to the bartender, she nods before placing my order. 

"We have to stop bumping into each other like this" I hear and I turn my head to see the bright red hair falling over her shoulders.

"Jules?" I smile. Wow, her hair isn't short anymore it's much longer but it's still red and I love that she hasn't changed it. 

"Hi Asher" Her pearly smile wide, "How are you?" 

"I'm great, How are you?" 

It's been an entire year since we've seen each other, after reading that letter I held on to the concept of right person, wrong time. She's still in my head but..I no longer feel upset or feel like the darkness is pulling me under. Well the last time I saw Julia wasn't when she left my apartment crying, I saw her graduate but she doesn't know that. I watched as her name was called and she shook his hand with a smile plastered on her face. It felt amazing seeing her smile genuinely, I'm so proud of her. I haven't seen her since that, I just needed to see her graduate. After I graduated I found a job with a good company with amazing salary, I've met some long term friends and we always have such a laugh. 

Everything was great with my mum and Camila, the cancer was gone until...she fell ill again a month ago, the cancer has spread and they're trying everything they can. I'm so proud of my mum and she's so fucking strong. I'm moving back to Texas this weekend to be by my mum's side as Camila works two jobs, I'll be working from home and still gain my full pay which will help to pay more medical bills that haven't been paid off yet. 

"I'm good, I have the job in the office now" Her smile hasn't left her face since I laid my eyes on her. 

"That's amazing, I'm glad and I knew you could do it" 

She smiles looking down to her long red painted nails, "I heard about your mum, I'm sorry it came back. I wish I knew what to do to help" 

I shake my head, "You don't need to do anything. I'm just glad you're happy"