Chapter 42

Asher's POV

I really shouldn't have smoked that joint because now I'm tired as shit and just woke up from a nap, it was a good nap though. I can hear Cam's footsteps behind me as I enter the kitchen. My eyes scanning the countertops for my cigarettes before flipping the coffee maker on.

I swear I left them in here.

"Hey, so I know about you and Julia" Cam says sitting on the stool at the island counter.

"So?" I raise a brow, I'm slightly shocked that she knows but I'm not. I kinda figured she suspected something when I pushed Jules away.

"Do you like her?" She asks.

Why is she asking me stupid shit like it's the fifth grade, "Well if I didn't I wouldn't fuck her" I'm not telling her anything, she always tries weaselling her way in to fix everything or simply to butt in.

"Well that's lies, you don't like Rebecca" she scrunches up her nose in disgust, I know she doesn't like Rebecca. Maybes it's because both Ace and I have slept with her and she thinks it's weird..or maybe she just doesn't like her like Ace and I don't.

"What's your point?" I face her and lean on the counter.

"Well, if you like her maybe you should tell her" she shrugs trying to sound nonchalant. Has Julia said something? I've told her I like her so what more does she want. She knows I can't say those three words.

"How about you stay out of it" I say in a clipped tone.  I don't need her or anyone else telling me what I should do. I know I shouldn't I just physically can't get the words out.

"I'm only trying to help" she defends. She's always trying to fucking help.

"No you're being a nosey little shit and you're always getting involved" I spit.

"Don't get salty, Asher" she rolls her eyes. Does she not get that I don't want her meddling in trying to fix me or the situation. I don't want it on my mind any more, it pisses me off that I'm not normal and I don't want someone trying to fix me making me feel less normal than I already am.

"I'm not, just stay out my business, I need to go" I storm out and slam my bedroom door behind me badly needing a cigarette, did I forget to buy? Is Julia beginning for distract me from cigarettes now? I can't tell if it's a good or bad thing.

I groan in frustration needing cigarettes to calm me down, if I smoke another joint then I'll most likely sleep all day or eat everything in the damn refrigerator and I don't have money to replace it.

I rummage for jeans around my floor before grabbing a pair of grey joggers from the chair stacked with clothes, I pull them on and pick up a black t-shirt from the floor and sniff it, it smells okay. I pull it over my head after taking off my other one. I pull black socks onto my feet and tie my sneakers and tuck the lace in. I then pull a hoodie over my head because it's still cold outside, the snow now slush.

I grab my wallet shoving it into my pocket and my phone before heading to the front door and grabbing my keys from the bowl.

I drive to the gas station needing gas and go inside to pay and get cigarettes, I thank the cashier just when walking out the door someone grabs my arms and I turn to see who it is.