Chapter 75

Asher's POV

"I'm sorry...for all the shit I did before, I wanted to call you but I thought maybe you didn't...I dunno..okay, but I'm sorry", I place the plates into the cupboard and close it shut. 

"You don't need to apologise, I'm sorry for you know...all the shit I did but I didn't do it intentionally and I never wanted to lose my best friend" 

He steps towards me placing his hand in the air for me to shake it, I grab his hand and pull him into a bro hug and pat his back. We pull away with a smile on our faces, probably the biggest smile of relief in five years.

"So...this army shit, you teaching me how to properly throw a punch or what?", I jest. 

"you've already got a mean hit, so I think you're good", he laughs.

I lean against the counter with a laugh, I cross my arms over my chest in deep thought. I saw the way he was looking at my sister tonight and...I feel like..I look at Julia the exact same way, still love the girl but know you can't have her anymore, "You still love her don't you?" 

He gulps looking down, "Hm?", Is all he says.

"Cam"

"Uhm..", he scratches the back of him neck nervously. 

"It's alright if you do, not that I need you to confess because I can tell you already do", he looks at me and I'm unsure what he's thinking about, he probably thinks I'll punch him again but I won't, I'm different. "It's okay to admit it you know, I'm not going to hit you...I promise", I laugh.

He sighs and shakes his head, "Even if I did there wouldn't be any point" 

I nod, "Whatever, I'm here for you man", I shoot him a sympathetic smile. I know what it feels like to be in love and lose them, even if that someone for him is my sister. 

"Thanks", he says.

"Hey Ash..." Camila stops in her tracks at the kitchen door when seeing us both. 

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Just wondering if you'd like to get going?", her eyes flickering between Ace and I. I know she's curious about what we were talking about. 

"Yeah, I'll go say bye to everyone", I pat Ace's shoulder when I walk by him before heading out the kitchen.

Julia's POV

"I'm away to get another drink", I tell Angel, Glen and Liam as they have a conversation about..well I'm not actually sure what they're talking about since I zoned out.

I pour myself another glass of wine staring at the sparkly black wall tiles. I'm so drained from work but Glen insisted to have Angel and Liam over, I don't want them here and I'd rather go to bed since I couldn't sleep well last night. 

The dream I had has been playing in my head all day and It's all I can think about as Glen talks to Angel and Liam. It felt real and I can still feel Asher's light touch trailing up my thigh and under my skirt as he whispered all the inappropriate things  he would do to me. I can still smell his intoxicating scent and I can still taste the mint on his tongue. I keep wondering why I don't feel the warmth spread through me when Glen touches me, I don't feel the urge to kiss him...kiss all of him. I wish everything was so different but I need to move on...I owe that to myself. 

"Hi Honey", Glen wraps his arms around my waist pulling my back flush to his body, he kiss my neck and I pull my head away, "What you thinking about? You've been gone for over five minutes", I hate when he calls me Honey, It makes me feel old..like we're an old couple.