Chapter 22

Julia's POV

"Julesssss!" I hear a loud bang on the door awakening me abruptly.

I look around the room confused since I'm still half asleep, I can't even see it's so dark.

"Julesss!" Three loud knocks are heard from my door.

I look towards the door seeing a shadow underneath, "You shh!" He speaks to someone as I hear them reply faintly, "Just go back inside yeah!"

It takes me a moment to realise it's Asher, I stand up quickly and flick the light on before swinging the door open seeing a very drunk Asher. He stumbles past me like it's his own home, "Thank god, I'm so tired..I think I may have sprained my ankle, I don't even know how. One minute I was walking fine then oop my ankle just gave in" he rambles on and sits on my bed.

"Asher, what are you doing here!?"

"I just wanted to see my girl" his words slurred.

"I'm not your girl anymore...remember?" my tone clipped. He can't come in here acting like everything is normal.

"Cause you're all clingy and weird but yeah you still are"

"Not after you slept with other girls after me"

He rolls his eyes at me with a scoff, "It's been like a week"

"Exactly, I haven't heard from you in a week" he had given Cam and I a ride to the mall for presents but we didn't say a word to each other and it was awkward. I never know what he's thinking and I hate it.

He huffs falling back, "Lets just cuddle and sleep"

"No, you need to leave Ash"

"Hm..Ash, Asher, I prefer both when they come from your mouth...at least you don't say Ashy" he says in a girly tone but instantly cringes.

"None of that matters to me Asher! I need you to go"

"Why!?" He whines giving me sad eyes but it isn't going to work.

"Because I don't want you here!" I raise my voice.

His little smirk drops as he looks my way, "And..why not?"

"Because you are an asshole and you have ignored me for a week!"

"I will agree with the first part but..." he sighs, "Yeah actually, I agree with all but doesn't mean I haven't thought of you"

I bite down on my lower lip in frustration, "Yeah whatever, I don't care so can you please leave"

"You do care"

Why won't he just leave me alone, does he like toying with me?

"You are so right! I care so much that I am in love with you and I am stupid to have ever trusted you so I ask again...please leave"

"What?" He laughs in shock seeming to have sobered up real fast.

I stare into his eyes realising my words, I just told him that I was in love with him.

Fuck.

"What did you just say?" He stands up, his face still holding complete shock.

"I love you" I admit because I already confessed so why not confess again.

"Fuck off" he laughs.

"Excuse me?" I feel a stinging pain slash across my chest, I know he wouldn't say the words but I didn't think those would be it.

"Fuck off Jules, don't give me that bullshit!" He strides to the door and slams it shut behind him.

Asher's POV

"Another one" I say, Faye tips the liquor into the glass staring at me.

She's the cute bartender that allows me to drink in this bar without ID, I haven't been in a while but I needed to go somewhere where no one will find me.

"Rough night?" Her voice hushed. 

I nod tipping the glass back and feeling the warm liquor slide down my numb throat.

Why would she say those words to me, not once had a girl turned around and said it, not that I wanted them too anyway. It feels weird and I don't know how I feel..the only people I've said it to and revived it from is Cam and my mum. Rarely from Cam because we aren't like that. I don't even think Ken has said it to me once..but a girl I've known for a few months blurts it out like it's nothing..it makes me feel sick..I think..I'm not sure of the feeling but it doesn't sit right with me.

I drink and drink until I eventually don't remember how I got home but I did.

I feel something hit the back of my head hard and I groan in pain, "Why?" I mumble feeling my headache take a toll on me.

"Oh, I'm sorry did I waken you?" Cam's tone filled with sarcasm.

"Fuck off" I groan finally lifting off the counter to look her way. She cleaning the empty beer bottle which I'm sure I left. I must've continued drinking here but I don't recall a thing.

I rub my temples and groan wishing I was dead because of this hangover. Julia hasn't been in my mind all night since I got blackout drunk and now she is there again.

"Hungover?" She laughs at me, I shoot her a scowl.

"Why were you even drinking?" She asks leaning back against the counter after the beer bottles are cleared.

Why did I tell her to fuck off, I could have been more subtle. At least...I don't know because I don't understand why she could even say that because how can anyone fell that way towards me which makes me to believe she is telling me bullshit.

"I think I fucked it" I shove my head into my palms.

"Fucked what?"

"A girl I like told me she loves me and I told her to fuck off" I huff in regret wishing I dealt with it better.

"Why would you do that?"

"I don't know" i shrug.

I am a dumb fuck that's why.

"Well get her back, idiot" She scowls at me with disappointment.

"I don't think she will take me back and I don't know if I love her yet" do I want her back? When I went to her dorm it's because I wanted to be in her company again and she was on my mind like usual.

"Stop being a baby about it and at least try and tell her the truth"

"No, I'm going out so I don't have to listen to your shit" I bark.

She doesn't get it, no one does. I wish it was last year when it was all simple. My dad wasn't cheating with a barbie wannabe, I didn't like Jules or even know her and I was loving not being in the same household with my father but now..it's all complicated and confusing. I don't know what I'm doing. How does anyone know what they are doing in life. How do people know what love is? How will I ever know when I've barely experienced it. Will I always be this way, random girls, drinking, drugs...will I always be a complete fuck up?

The worst part is I know what I do is wrong but I continue because it is better than actually caring and getting stabbed in the back. That's why I have one true friend that won't do such things and that's why I don't allow girls in.

_______________________________

Please vote, comment and follow☺️

Don't be a silent reader❤️

Love you all💕