Chapter 34

Julia's POV

Julia's POV

I can't believe Asher actually asked me on a date, I never would have thought about him taking me on a date. Yes, we're only in his apartment but i would rather be here in private, laughing and drinking than being around complete strangers with expensive food on the plate. He has been so unbelievably sweet tonight, opening the car door for me, complimenting me and he even cooked for me which warms my heart, I never thought we would agree to cook for me.

I never want tonight to end but I know it will soon and I'll need to get an Uber back to my dorm but I'm enjoying the moment for now. We're cuddled up on the couch with a blanket over us both as we watch the third Rush Hour, we haven't spoken in a while just laughed at the movie but it's oddly comforting and feels amazing to be curled up beside his warm body.

I've ate far too much candy and drunk a little too much beer which has given me a buzz, if I had anymore I would definitely be drunk. Asher has drunk more but he seems to handle his alcohol very well.

"Asher.." I sit up and place my hand on his hard chest for balance.

His hazel orbs slowly move to mine, they're bloodshot by the alcohol, "When was the first time you had a sip of alcohol?" I question wanting to know more about him, I just hope he doesn't think I'm prying too much.

"I had my first sip..." he narrows his eyes in deep thought, "Maybe when I was like thirteen/fourteen, Ace and I stole some whiskey from my dad's stash, we drunk it in our secret place and was absolutely wasted" he laughs at the memory.

"Did you guys get caught?" I laugh with him.

The first time I had alcohol was with my mother at a dinner party with her friends, it was a glass of wine and I was seventeen.

His laughter now gone with my words, he chews on the inside of his cheek as he looks away from my gaze, "Uhm...yeah I was"

My eyes widen, "Did you get grounded?"

"No..." he shakes his head and continues, "My mother didn't know but my father..he knew it was me" his words slurred as he nods and then nervously laughs while scratching the back of his neck.

"Why did he know it was you, it could have been Cam?"

"No, she could never do wrong in my fathers eyes. Probably didn't help that I would take the blame for some shit she did" he shrugs.

"You seem like a good brother for that then"

He lets out a puff of air, "Not good enough though"

"What do you mean?"

He shrugs as his lips curl under into the saddest pout I've seen, I've never actually seen his eyes look so venerable and heartbroken.

He averts his eyes away from mine, I can see the thin line of a watery substance form on his waterline. I feel a stabbing pain in my chest when I realise he's holding back tears, did I say something wrong?