Chapter 45

Julia's POV

This week has drained the life out of me, the classes don't interest me as I stare into space. Camila has to elbow me if she's in the same class. I was so ready to forget Asher and be strong, do my studies and not have a care in the world for that boy that has crushed my heart one to many times. This time of him ignoring me feels so real, I hovered over his name in my contacts for thirty minutes before clicking to call him, it rang out until voicemail. This time feels so different...like we're finally over. We were doing so well, I wasn't pushing him to tell me things and we were happy...so I thought. He's a constant on my mind and I don't know how to block him out, will it always be this hard? Will I always love him? It doesn't help that I'm best friends with his sister nor does it help that we attend the same college.

"Julia?" Aiden says raising a brow at me.

I look around us realising we're the only ones left in the classroom, what? Class is over...we just started.

I gather my books and shove them into my backpack not caring if the sheet of work has creased and folded.

"You okay?" He asks as we walk down the hall.

I nod with a forced smile, "I'm good" I lie.

"Camila is going home to see her mother this weekend and...uhm..." he clears his throat hesitant to continue, "I've heard Asher is having another party this weekend and apparently everyone is going so do you maybe want..."

I cut him off, "Why would I want to go!?" I snap.

He raises his eyebrows and his eyes widen, "No...Do you want to hangout and do something, I wasn't going to ask that. I would never ask that...I don't even like the guy" he says the latter part under his breath.

"Oh..sorry" I apologise. What is wrong with me?

I shrug, "Come on, it will be fun...you haven't been out all week" he tries persuading me.

"What are we meant to do?" There is nothing to do here and drinking at some party at my ex boyfriends apartment doesn't sound appealing.

"Watch movies? We can binge that tv show you've been begging me to watch...I'll even buy the snacks?" a charming smile on his face appears.

I nod with a small laugh, I've been trying so hard to make him watch The Vampire Diaries. He always refused saying it doesn't sound like something he would like and I quote "It sounds girly and cringey, I'm not really into supernatural stuff"

Who doesn't like The Vampire Diaries?

When turning the corner shouting and raving coming from a large group in a circle that catches our attention, what's going on?

We walk closer, i tiptoe trying to see over someone's shoulder as loud noises of someone grunting in pain is heard.

I push the person in front of me when his face comes to view, "Asher!" I shout.

His arm winding back to land another punch to the guy beneath him, his nose burst along with swelling around the face, he looks so weak from Asher's harsh violence.

Just when his fist connect again I shout Asher's name again but louder this time and grab his shoulder, his head cocks to me with worry surrounding his eyes. I'm unsure if it's because I'm here and he hates me or if it's because he just insulted someone on campus. He could get in serious trouble.

I look towards the blooded boy on the floor, he's laying still, knocked out.

It's silent around us as he stares at me staring at the beaten boy on the floor, I've never seen him fighting before...it scares me.