Chapter 48

We arrive at Times Square and it seemed like it was a bit too crowded for people to realize that 5 Seconds Of Summer was among them. Well, they were going to play tonight and I could feel Michael's excitement as he held onto my hand. I held the jacket closer around my body; the cold air was getting colder. "When are you guys performing?" I ask as we found a more quiet spot, Maddie talking with Luke about the first time she was here for New Year's. She'd been here the year before I came here the first time.

"Uhmm, about twenty minutes to midnight. I'll have time to find you, don't worry," he says, kissing my temple as I smile, squeezing his hand in mine. Soon Ashton, Calum and Mia comes back with some hot chocolate in their hands, Ashton was holding three in his hands, Calum holding two, and Mia was holding two as well as she was talking to Calum. Ashton handed his two extra cups to Michael and I, almost dropping one of them. I thank him, taking a sip as the warm liquid warmed up my body.

"So, what is Dylan doing today?" I ask Mia, slightly elbowing her. Even though her cheeks are already red from the cold, I can see that she's blushing.

"He's at a party, apparently he doesn't really like Times Square at New Year's. He told me the first time his parents let him go here, he ended up being in the big crowd and peed his pants. At midnight when everybody pushed to find the one to kiss, someone knocked him down so he sprained something in his angle. Not the best start of the year, since nobody noticed him on the ground," she explained and I felt really bad for him. "Talking of the sun," Mia laughs and I realize she's looking down at her phone that was ringing with the name Dylan on it. I laugh a bit as she answers, saying a little hello. It was loud enough for me to hear.

"Miaaaaaaaaa," Dylan slurs and it's obvious that he's already drunk. I check the time, seeing it was barely 9:45, was he counting on lasting all night?

"Dylan, you're drunk," Mia laughs, taking a sip of her drink.

"No, I'm Dylan," he laughs, making me crack a laugh. Michael was over, talking to Ashton and Calum about something while Luke was talking to Maddie, but I could see him being half in the conversation the guys were having. Probably some 5 Seconds Of Summer related. "Did you know that you're really preeeeeetty?" I smile, especially when I see Mia's smile.

"Why don't you call me when you're sober," Mia laughs, trying to hide how flattered she is from his drunk call. I mean, things like that can go two ways, and this one was taking a turn for the better. A drunk mind speaks a sober heart, or what?

"But I wanna talk noooow," Dylan whines and I laugh a bit about it. "I really like you Mia, meeting you was a perfect ending for this year." He almost giggles as he says it, and Mia smiles even bigger, taking a grip on my jacket to get her excitement out somehow. "Fuck this," I then hear him say as the line goes dead. Mia's smile disappears as she looks at the phone to make sure that he indeed hung up.

"That was cute," I laugh, looking down at Mia. I remember when I was the shortest of us, Maddie the tallest. Now I was the tallest and Mia was slightly taller than Maddie. "Like, really cute."

"I don't know why he would hang up like that though," Mia says, and I see her about to text him when she decides not to.

"He's drunk, he probably didn't really know what he was doing. Call him tomorrow and find out if he even remembers this call." Mia nods as she slightly laughs, holding onto my arm, letting out a sigh. Not a sad sigh, no, this was a good sigh. Michael returns to my sigh, snaking his arm around my shoulder.

"Who called?"

"It was a drunk call from Mia's boyfrieeeend," I sing the last part, earning a smack from Mia.