Chapter 77

"WHERE IS IT!?" I literally yell as I spin a few times on the spot.

"Where is what?" Mia asks, her tongue sticking out as she is decorating the cupcakes.

"The box I brought. I brought a box with onesies and burp clothes that we're supposed to decorate, but I CAN'T FUCKING FIND THEM!" I scream, holding my head. Today was Maddie's baby shower, and I was freaking out because I felt everything fall apart. I had plans, but I couldn't even determined up and down.

"El," Mia says, walking over as she grabs my arms. I was shaking, I didn't realize this before I saw Mia's arms were moving like crazy. "Calm down. You put them in the baby's room." I nod, about to turn and walk up there, when she grabs my arm again. "You're going to be okay," she assures.

"W-what do you mean?" I ask, trying to shake it off, although I'm pretty sure we all know what's on my mind. By being here at Maddie and Luke's place, the rest of the guys were coming here to pick up Luke. That will mean I'll have to face Michael other than an awkward encounter at a supermarket where we literally bumped into each other. A quick "hi" and "how are you" were exchanged, and I haven't gone to that supermarket since.

Mia just raises her eyebrow, both of us knowing what's obvious. "I haven't really seen him since the breakup. And I'm trying desperately to move on from him, and I know that I will eventually have to face him and get along for Maddie and Luke."

"You're going to be fine. Plus, it's not like he's going to be here all night with us, it's only a quick encounter." I nod, taking a deep breath before I make my way upstairs of their apartment to what is going to be the baby's room. Just as I'm carrying the box out of the room, the door to Maddie's room opens, Maddie coming out. She seemed to be a bit stressed out a bit as well, so Mia and I had made her go up and take a bath. With her out, came both Boomer and Sammy.

"Where's Luke?" I ask as I make my way towards her.

"He's trying to figure out what to wear. I think he thinks of this as like a bachelor party of some sort," she laughs as we make our way downstairs. "You need help?"

"Oh no, you're eight months pregnant, you are not helping us. You need to relax," I tell her as we make our way down the stairs.

"Eeeel," she whines. "I hate not being a help." I roll my eyes.

"Well, we still need to pick up the cake-"

"I'll do it, alright? I can already feel on you how stressed you are." I sigh, as she asks where it's being picked up. I don't know if I actually want her to pick it up. Luke and Maddie still don't know the gender of the baby, and the cake is either pink or blue inside. Our party was starting in less than an hour, Luke not going out until six o'clock, which was in three and a half hours. The plan was to cut the cake when the rest of the boys got here, which would be at five thirty, so they could be here for it, and Maddie and Luke could be happy together a little while before he left again.

Thirty minutes with Michael. Yay.

"Okay, but no peeking, alright?"

"I waited eight months, I think I can wait a few more hours," she laughs, as I set the box down, grabbing the little note with the information she'll need to get the cake. "I'll be right back!" she laughs running out the door.

"Compared to being eight months pregnant, she sure has a lot of energy," I laugh to Mia who was just looking out from the kitchen. "Okay, so we have the burp cloths, onesies and coloring. Maddie is getting the cake, and... oooh!" I say, picking up the bowl.

"Yeah, what's with the bowl again?" Mia laughs.

"After the gender is revealed, I thought people could make baby names suggestions that they could look over in the next month time."