Chapter 74

I have now had Boomer for about three weeks, and I was loving every moment of it. He had already grown so much throughout the weeks. I had several times woken up with him lying on top of me. It was nice though; not always waking up all alone. He gave me a smile on my face from the moment I woke up.

"They seem to be like best buds," Luke says, taking a sip of his water. Him, Maddie and Sammy were here for a visit. He was home for the week anyways. I look down at where Sammy and Boomer was running around my apartment. I don't really know what they were doing, but it was so cute.

"Yeah," I say, agreeing. Maddie was on the toilet right now (for what seemed like the millionth time since they got here, so it was just Luke and I. "So, how's the tour going?" I ask.

"It's going good, we're just kind of busy trying to finish our new album. The fans are kind of bummed when we announced last week that we were taking a break in a few months," he says, sighing. "But, I mean, obviously not for the same reasons as most other bands, we're guaranteed to come back. It's only for a few months until Maddie feels like she can do it more by herself, or tag along."

"Yeah, I understand that. What about the other boys? Are they going back to Australia then?"

"I actually don't know. I don't think so," he tells me. "I mean, probably to visit or something, but we're planning on using the time to make a new album and all kinds of things around New York. Just locally I guess. Probably things like twitcams and fun stuff like that to remind the fans that we are not leaving them."

"I'm sure they understand why, I mean, you're having a baby!" I say, Maddie then entering the room. "You bladder empty yet?" I tease Maddie, making her roll her eyes.

"Haha, very funny. You try having a baby play with your bladder," she mumbles, making both Luke and I laugh. He takes his arm around her shoulder, kissing her temple.

"We were just talking about what the boys and I will do when you have the baby." She smiles, grabbing the water he was holding in his hand, taking a sip. "But until I get home, El, you promise to take care of her, right?"

"I'll be there whenever she needs me. It's not like I have anything better to do," I say, slightly being sarcastic, but it was true. "I mean, it's not like I have a job to take care of." This was sarcasm coated with sarcasm.

"Haha, you know what I mean. Plus, I probably don't even have to ask you to do it." I roll my eyes slightly.

"So you're throwing her hormonal ass on me? Smart move, Hemmings," I say, making all three of us laugh, Maddie slightly glaring at me. She seemed to have a good day nonetheless, so I figured it would be okay for me to say that. "But no, obviously I will be there whenever she needs me. I am also, as her best friends, starting to think of a baby shower. Probably going to be within the last month, six weeks of the pregnancy, but yeah."

"That sounds good," Luke says, nodding. "But why not earlier?"

"I was the one who didn't want it earlier," Maddie tells him before I can. "I didn't want to do it too early, plus, it would be good to know the sex of the baby first, and we agreed not to know it until when you got home from the tour, so we could still wait a bit with knowing, but still enough time to decorate the room for it."

"You're really going to go all out on this nursery, aren't you?" Luke asks, smiling at her. I see her cheeks turn a slight pink as she looks a bit away.

"It's not every day you get a baby."

"I'm pretty sure that's a good thing," I mumble, making a chuckle escape Maddie's lips.

"You guys know what I mean," she says, slightly sighing. "It's just, this baby wasn't planned, and that's why I'm probably more about making everything else perfect. If we had planned on having a baby, I would have had time to think more of stuff, and then I probably wouldn't obsess with everything else." Luke looks a bit confused, but I on the other hand, understood.