Chapter 52

"'INFJs find it easy to make connections with others and have a talent for warm, sensitive language, speaking in human terms, rather than with pure logic and fact'," I read out loud from the computer. I had just taken the personality test, it coming up as INFJ, and apparently, there's less than one percent of the population that's that. "Well, that sounds like me because I am not into logic and facts."

"Unlike me, I have all sorts of weird facts up here," she says, pointing at her head. "I mean, did you know that there's more plastic flamingos than real ones? Or that Russia is bigger than the dwarf-planet Pluto." I roll my eyes, pushing her a bit. She did have a lot of weird facts in her mind. "They eat Kentucky Fried Chicken for Christmas in Japan."

"You're so weird, stop talking." She laughs as she grabs the laptop.

"'INFJs will take the time necessary to find someone they truly connect with - once they've found that someone, their relationship will reach a level of depth and sincerity that most people can only dream of'," Maddie reads out loud, lightly pushing me, looking through the friendships. "'From the start, it can be a challenge to get to know INFJs, as they are very private, even enigmatic. INFJs don't readily share their thoughts and feelings, not unless they are comfortable and since those thoughts and feelings are the basis for INFJ friendships, it can take time and persistence to get to know them. In friendship it is as though INFJs are searching for a soul mate, someone who shares every facet of their passions and imagination,' ohhh yeah," Maddie sing-songs as she nudges me.

"It's weird how you can feel like you're finding yourself just by reading these kinds of things." Maddie nods, closing the computer as she looks at me with a smile. "So, what do you want to do now?" I ask, taking a hand through my hair again, the curls almost gone again. Maddie's stays straight.

"You wanna help me make a squash-cake? We could ask Mia to come, she loves it."

"Squash-cake?" Maddie nods, standing up as she makes her way to the kitchen.

"Mom once made it, and when Mia tasted it she wished she could eat more, it's so good." I smile, following her as she starts to drag things out. I just watch as she drags all the things out with one hand, while looking at her phone.

"Luke texted?" I tease and she just rolls her eyes.

"No, I'm looking for the recipe. Mom texted it to me a while back, I just have to find it." While she talked she would not look at me, and I can't help but to laugh at how she almost dropped everything every time. I ended up having to catch a few things.

.

.

"Okay, I officially hate you," I say, looking down at the cake. "I'm trying to get back in shape, this is not the answer!" I mentally moan at the thought of eating it... all of it.

"Hey, at least it's not chocolate cake, squash is healthy," she says, pointing at me, making me slightly roll my eyes. "But yeah, we should probably only have a little piece and maybe save the rest for the guys."

"Yeah, well, we'll see! If it tastes too good, I'm going to bring this baby home to me!" Maddie laughs, putting some sort of frosting on it, my eyes watering.

"Hey you guys- SQUASH-CAKE!" I hear Mia say as she enters. "You made squash-cake without me!?" She immediately throws off her jacket, throwing it somewhere (this is Maddie's apartment).

"Well, we didn't eat it without you!" Maddie laughs, jumping up on the counter, opening a bottle of water. "So, what have you been up to all day?"

"I had lunch with Dylan," she smiles. I look at my clock, looking at her then.