Chapter 36

I was currently at work, the guys had been gone for almost a week and a half. It was weird, it hadn't been long, but it felt like months. I felt my heart fall a bit, because they were going to have to be gone for a few months. I had just finished posing and changed back into my clothes as I sat and texted a bit with Michael. He was sitting at breakfast in San Francisco, and it was early as fuck (his words, not mine). It was still early for me, and I was tired, so I could only imagine Michael. Soon, I had to say goodbye though because I had a lot of stuff to take care of. We had a lot of new models, and me being one of the best apparently, I had to kind of talk to them about how to kind of do this the best way. My boss is pretty impatient, so if someone is not doing what she wants them to do, hell can break loose.

So, that was another reason why it was hard for Michael and I to have contact very often, and the reason Maddie and I hadn't seen each other more than once since we came come. Well, we saw each other twice actually, we ran into each other in Starbuck's, but I was on my way out and she had just arrived and I was already in a hurry. So, yeah.

Maddie also had her new job to worry about. She loves the job, and says it's nice because it takes her mind off the fact that Luke is not home, but she still misses him and wish he could be here. Obviously, who wouldn't want their own boyfriend to be able to be with you? If you don't want that, I'd say that's a pretty good reason to break up. But it's kind of sad, she was thinking a bit about joining me to surprise Michael on his birthday, staying with the boys for the week, but apparently her job had given her an opportunity to take pictures in London or something that would last two weeks. She was leaving tomorrow. She didn't mind that much, since it had been a while since she had visited her mom (A/N: you probably don't remember, but you found out in the first chapter that her mom is British). So she would just do that and go see the boys another time. We had both agreed that we wouldn't let the boys come in between our jobs and us, even though I had done that for a little while. But when she got an opportunity like that, she couldn't and shouldn't turn in down because she was planning on seeing her boyfriend wherever he was in this world. "Green, come here," Mrs. Montegreto, my boss, says making me stand up as I make my way over.

"Yes?" I ask, giving her a smile. She was probably around her mid-forties. She wasn't very tall, probably just 5'2 or something. She had never been a model, but she was really good with how they were supposed to look and how to pose and stuff. If she had the body for a model, she would be the best model that would be there.

"There is this model show in London here in a few weeks, I want you to go. It would be perfect opportunity. It's not where you're going to catwalk in underwear, don't worry." My eyes widen a bit. A real catwalk show all the way in London?

"Are you serious?" I smile and she nods.

"It's the 20th to the 21st so you'll be there around the 19th or something, okay?" I was still smiling but I felt my heart drop. I was planning on seeing Michael the 20th. "Something wrong?"

"Uhmm, no, I was just planning on seeing my boyfriend there, but that's okay."

"Oh, well, it's your choice."

"No, I want to do this." As said, I shouldn't let it come between me and my job, and this was the perfect opportunity, who says I will ever get this opportunity again? It could disappear as soon as it came. "I'm definitely going." She smiles, handing me a piece of paper. I quickly look at it, seeing it was the information for where it was. "Thank you." She just nods, before turning back to some girl who was busy flirting with the photographer. He was attractive, not going to lie, but he was no Michael.

I sigh, mentally hitting my own head, I really sounded like an idiot saying that (or well technically thinking it). I knew I loved Michael dearly, but I still felt like puking for thinking like that. I guess that's just how he makes me feel. He does cause some weird feeling inside appear, just by looking at me. I was glad I gave him a chance, I can't imagine what I would be like if I hadn't. Maybe I would still be heartbroken, and I definitely would still be terrified about love. Michael had been my cure for that, just another reason for me to love him.